SoCal Tranny work? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Crew Chief

SoCal Tranny work?

So I live in north San Diego county, and I am planning on making around 800 or so ft/lbs by the time im done with my puller. Obviously im going to need my tranny built somewhere along the line. As for now, I have a brand spankin new stocker e4od from ford under warranty for another year. My question is, for anyone in the greater san diego area, what's a good place to get my tranny built to handle up to about 1000 ft/lbs without spending two nuts, a right thumb, and a knee-cap or two. Oceanside tranny quoted me like 3400 for a fully built, top of the line e4od with a custom built tc. I was also thinking about maybe having them put in a manual valve body so I can adapt a winters shifter in to a custom center console and work the tranny like a manual. That should work out well with a tc locker and an ebpv brake. Anyone have a glimmer of hope for my broke ace?

Brian
97 F250 4x4 SCLB SRW: 120cc AB cali splits, Dyno Sources chip, Baldwin P2818, 3"-3.5" two piece DP, 4" straight pipe, solid axle swap, 1ton suspension, powerslot rotors, procomp 7028's, Falken 285's, operation: de-chromatization in progress. Stock ford E4OD w/ stock cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Peon

Re: SoCal Tranny work?

John Wood Automotive - Home

They're pretty much the cat's azz of West Coast tranny building...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 03:10 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
John Wood Automotive - Home

They're pretty much the cat's azz of West Coast tranny building...

1999.5 f350 xlt 4x4-afe stage ii intake, wicked wheel, 4" hog performance exhaust, dp tuner chip, 8" lift with 40's, arb's front and back, etc.

2002 excursion limited 4x4- afe stage ii intake, 4" hog performance exhaust, and dp tuner f5 chip

2005 vw jetta tdi- q loader chip for now

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM
PSN Veteran

X3

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 04:59 AM
PSN Veteran

X4

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Crew Chief

I realize that it's been a while since i posted this about tranny's but i completely forgot about my own thread! hah! Anyway, so woods is definitely going to be a better choice than oceanside trans? I know oside trans because they build alot of tranny's for offroad trucks, they are highly recommended, they have an awesome warranty plan, service locations all across the country, great customer service, and an exemplary performance record. But like I said, that's with offroad tranny's, not chit built for towing and big diesel twisters. Has anyone even heard of them? I'll definitely give a good look into woods too. thanks guys!

Brian
97 F250 4x4 SCLB SRW: 120cc AB cali splits, Dyno Sources chip, Baldwin P2818, 3"-3.5" two piece DP, 4" straight pipe, solid axle swap, 1ton suspension, powerslot rotors, procomp 7028's, Falken 285's, operation: de-chromatization in progress. Stock ford E4OD w/ stock cooler
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
PSN Veteran

Never heard of Oceanside Trans, and Oceanisde is only about 40 minutes south of me.

John Wood is your best choice. He specializes in the E4OD/4R100.

2000 F250 7.3L 4x4
2003 F250 7.3L 4x4

DP-Tuner
Empire Diesel
ITP Diesel
John Wood Automotive
One Up Offroad
Swamps Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode