zf6 slipping - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

zf6 slipping

I have a 2001 f350 with the zf6 manual. the clutch started to slip. The truck has some power adders, not sure of hp or tq numbers, it has swamp injetors (176/145??) gt38r with 1.0 pedistall, cai, ts6 chip. PO said it had a newer south bend clutch in it. is there anything else that can make the clutch slip, other than a bad clutch. I do pull a trailer with round bales a couple times a year, and a two place horse trailer with horses.Mostly just my daily driver, what would you recommend for a clutch if this one does need replacing?

2001 f350 eclb 4x4 k&n cold air 5" exhaust dual stacks (soon to change) bigger turbo swamp inj. Ts6 '05 lights & grill f450 ambulance springs in the rear. 4" front 3" rear lift 305/75/16 bfg at. 6 speed manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Luddite in Charge

Re: zf6 slipping

Mileage? On an '01 odds are you're up there in miles... I've seen stockers go with less than 100k, some last upwards of 300k. Flip a coin. Replace your existing clutch/throwout/pilot bearing and if you want to add some cheap security put a heavier release fork in the bell. NAPA can steer you right on the disc/pressure plate and bearings in the $300 range and if you want to beef it up a notch (who doesn't) you can spend around $500 on a couple options.

The ZF is an incredibly strong tranny.... I hammer mine regularly and none of them have the coolers anymore. My trucks are by no means quarter mile trucks, more comparable to yours - I believe the phrase I saw here once was 'awesome driving manners.'
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

what is the best option in the $500 to $600 range?

2001 f350 eclb 4x4 k&n cold air 5" exhaust dual stacks (soon to change) bigger turbo swamp inj. Ts6 '05 lights & grill f450 ambulance springs in the rear. 4" front 3" rear lift 305/75/16 bfg at. 6 speed manual.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Freak'n know it all

Normally I'd say you need to up your budget for that setup BUT I just happen to have a used south bend for sale with less than 10,000 miles on it that would do you quite well ... PM sent

99.5 350 crewcab dually 4x4
stage 1 singles, PHP tunes, banks bighead,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
autometer gauges,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, South Bend HD clutch, Gen 2 wicked wheel, AIS intake system.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Luddite in Charge

Can't beat that deal
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Gotta go, I sent you a reply, not sure if you got it or not.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Freak'n know it all

Funny I was typing my a reply to your pm when you posted this... Lol
Just let me know.

99.5 350 crewcab dually 4x4
stage 1 singles, PHP tunes, banks bighead,
autometer gauges,
, South Bend HD clutch, Gen 2 wicked wheel, AIS intake system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode