NEED HELP TC and TRANNY REBUILD PI and Suncoast - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Wink NEED HELP TC and TRANNY REBUILD PI and Suncoast

Ok, the torque converter on my truck is slipping and going, thats what an sct tuner will do to a stock TC in performance mode. So, every I've taled to tells me have the tranny yanked and rebuilt, new converter etc, oh and clutches, after looking around online, I see the PI Stallion handles up to 1600 hp/1600 lb, and was thinking of going with that and the suncoast clutch and rebuild kit, I tow horse trailer bout, 10-12 times a year, so other than that I want the kinda torque thats gonna whiplash anyone sitting next to me, maybe drag for fun someday, Yet I still want to tow here and there. Will the PI Stallion work with the Suncoast rebuild kit? 2004 F250 CC Harley/Davidson Org/Blk ARP head studs, 5"MBRP turbo back, and the SCT tuner for now...... Thanks for any input....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 06:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: NEED HELP TC and TRANNY REBUILD PI and Suncoast

You would be better off with a BTS with a warranty!

Cary

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 12:05 AM

Hey Cary,
What's the warranty on a 5R110 from BTS? Does a guy have to go all the way back to Brians shop to get one built?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well I talked to my perf tranny installer today, he told me the problems with the 5r110's are the clutch packs, specifically the ALTO clutch packs, they've hold off on making them and referring back to their R&D area to better engineer, so I'm told I could use stock or RAYBESTOS clutch packs so whats the use in that!!! I wonder what clutch packs are in a BTS tranny. For now I guess I'm left in limbo....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 04:12 PM
PSN Veteran

BTS..2 years and I can get them shiped directly to you. I get great shipping prices.

PM me for a quote..please provide a zip and if its to a house or your shop.

Cary

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode