tranny problems - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

tranny problems

welp i pulled tonite and some things went down...i got to the end and had i let off the truck went to put it into reverse and had nothing....nothing popped i pulled then stopped i stopped my self. tranny temps where up there around 210 do you think i just smoked the tq converter.

would this cause for not having anything but park and neutral?

2004 f250::::::sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rocking a sunburst orange jeep patriot pulling a sea doo rxp-x supercharged with stage 1 riva kit :

cheaper on fuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Forged rods R 4 SISSIES!

Re: tranny problems

Any resolution on this? Almost sounds like the transfer case has a problem if you have no forward or reverse. However, if Park is still holding the truck then that's probably not it.

Could have possibly broke the input shaft, although it's odd there was no "pop" or "bang". Possibly the converter, but not likely. Even fully thrashed converters will still move the truck a little bit.

That's an odd one. Good luck on getting it figred out.

Bill Cohron - (678) 890-1110

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- The Original in Custom Ford PSD & Gas Tuning since 1997

FOREVER
2001 7.3L - Stage 1's and a Tymar - 399 HP
2004 6.0L - 440 HP #2 Only/482 HP on Boost Juice - 12.961 @ 102.6 MPH
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

yeah idk few people saying a converter lock up would do this...nothing poped videos on youtube.....

rocking a sunburst orange jeep patriot pulling a sea doo rxp-x supercharged with stage 1 riva kit :

cheaper on fuel

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

also first time pulling modified so i didnt relize i was slipping cuz i figured more weight it was just slowing me down...i feel like a retard

cheaper on fuel
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:55 AM
PSN Veteran

i'm not tranny know it all, but i would figure that u would have more wheel spin for that rpm. clutches?????

09 6.7 cummins w/ a couple things
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

idk well find out tomorrow i dropped it today and tq converter is stuck on tranny...and i can spin converter and out put spins but as soon as i grab output it stops moving even tho im moving the converter....also i now this is soo stupid and i know im gonna get bashed but i was in 4 hi when i pulled didnt relize it.. i dont use my 4wd much and i have a consul that covers it so i couldnt see what i was in i pulled 4x4 popped on the dash so i went with it

cheaper on fuel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode