transmission gauge on dash 2003 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

transmission gauge on dash 2003

I have a gauge on the dash on my 2003 SD and was wondering whats the range of that gauge.

When running around town its up about a 1/4th of the range.. it has a yellow and red section way near the top.

Currently waiting on getting a OBD port wireless sensor for the torque app which is under stand is a good reading of temp as it comes off a siloniod on the valve body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Re: transmission gauge on dash 2003

When the trans is colder than 50F it will read cold. From 50-230F it will read somewhere in the middle range. Above 230F it goes to yellow, and I think it is at 260F it goes to red.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

roger that.. was going to get the torque app and the OBD reader. I saw one post that said you can get a good measurement of trans temp on the torque app as there was a sensor on teh valve body..

do you know that is true mark? was just trying to get a better handle on the actual temp and the unmarked gauge but still it looks better to be lower on guage at all times more or less..

i have a 6.0 cooler to install but will have to wait till next spring. not doing any towing at this time just some driving around town etc.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

There is a sensor on the solenoid body. That is where the app gets it's information. In my opinion that is the most accurate temperature you can get.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

good to know.. now i can run app and get a good idea on gauge what temps are running..

i tend not to keep a phone on the dash but that might change after seeing what this torque app can show me.

thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode