4R100 front pump whine - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Compression. Ignition.

Question 4R100 front pump whine

Question:
Im 95% sure this noise if fron the front pump. Could be something on the input side of the tranny. Random whine/squeel. Sometimes when cold, usually when hot, its always the same pitch when it does make the sound. All gear selections produce the same sound, although the sound stops briefly at gear changes and quickly ramps up to the same noise. At slow speed in 2nd I can sometimes hear it while the throttle is -just- off idle. What is producing this noise? New pump, but as mentioned in a previous thread I had trouble and messed up the converter snout a bit. A little emery cloth and all was well, I thought. After the install I could turn the converter/flywheel by hand so I know it wasn't in a bind. Is something off center? Why wouldn't it do it all the time? The randomness makes me think its a pump valve/orfice but I'm open to ALL suggestions! Thank you in advance!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Compression. Ignition.

Re: 4R100 front pump whine

Nobody? Ok. I know its the pump. I also am gonna guess a new converter would solve the problem. But dang that's $$$. I'm gonna try and call JW and see what he says.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 12:08 AM
PSN Local

Re: 4R100 front pump whine

Any luck with the noise? I get a squeal and can't pinpoint it, pump or converter??

2002 f250 4x4 ccsb 7.3, auto with tugger,6.0 cooler,pyro/boost/fuel/transmission gauges, 4inch diamond eye straight pipe, ebb delete, bd billet wheel, diy tymar intake, ccv delete mod, fp shimmed 65psi, hpox-over, php6 pos chip(stock,1100, 65t,80dd,100perf,120race, coolant bypass-filter,203 dieselsite thermostat, stancor gpr/led indicator light,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in