Transfer Case Leaking - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Transfer Case Leaking

Hey guys, I've noticed a steady leak under my truck recently. So I got under there the other day and I noticed that the transfer case was wet right where the two case halves meet. What I'm wondering is how exactly do I pull apart this case? It appears there is just RTV in between the two halves. I've been told once I seperate the sides "things" will come out from inside the transfer case. I've never worked on transmissions nor transfer cases so that makes me a little nervous to dig in.

Thanks

01' F350 Lariat ECLB

Mostly stock, just removed muffler and custom welded bend out the side and AFe Stage II intake. Also got 285's and CB radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Transfer Case Leaking

Anybody? Somebody? I'm sure someone knows more about transfer cases than I do....

01' F350 Lariat ECLB

Mostly stock, just removed muffler and custom welded bend out the side and AFe Stage II intake. Also got 285's and CB radio.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 09:10 PM
PSN Local

Re: Transfer Case Leaking

I've never seen them leak from between the case like that. Double check to make sure it's not a seal higher up and the fluid is running down and dripping off the lowest point which is the case halves. I've never taken one apart but I have had them leak from the driveshaft seal and the seal for the electronic shift motor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode