96 f250 diesel e40d odd issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Jjona5
96 f250 diesel e40d odd issue

So I'm out in Midland, TX working and a buddy of mine has an issue with his passenger door assembly inner. Well we take the door panel off and see that the assembly is messed up and we go hit up some wrecking yards to no avail. He decides to leave the panel off and go check out some more yards the next day. Well he manages to slam the door on his window/lock switch. We go to town a few hours later and the locks don't work and the tow light is flashing and it is shifting hard. We had to come back to work but I switched out the number 12 fuse for a good fuse and the power locks still wont work and the transmission is still shifting hard. I plan on looking at it again tonight with a meter but I don't have many tools with me out here. Any suggestions? Oh and the dome light is working.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

1995 4 door dually Murdered out - 5 inch exhaust - down pipe - TS Chip with Tunes by Cale - 5 speed - Banks Pipe Kit and 7.3l aluminum end intercooler - Adrenaline HPOP - D66 - Rosewood Stage II(160/80) injectors, Gutted EBPV - Blank Ped - EGT Gauge - Boost Gauge - Homebrew Regulated Return E-Fuel

Looking for a Single Cab long bed OBS 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Re: 96 f250 diesel e40d odd issue

My suggestion is to read the codes. That will tell you what circuit is having a problem.

And a 1996 truck doesn't have a tow light. There is an OD OFF light that will flash when codes are stored, but no tow light before 2003.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

ďThe good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.Ē ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode