Tranny prob. Pls help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Tranny prob. Pls help

Hey guys i have a 2001 f250 superduty just had tranny rebuild with high performance internals. Truck ran amazing for 2 weeks now starting to redline before shifting from 1st to 2nd then will finally slam into gear. Any ideas what could be causing this...... Thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 05:07 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Tranny prob. Pls help

any codes?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Od light did flash on and off but got no codes on reader could be my reader just dosent pull the trans. Codes but pretty sure it does. Just had trans. Rebuilt have 6month/6000 mile. Warranty but think I was swindled and he used some old parts and charged me for full rebuild. I just wanted to see if anyone has come across this before so when I take it back I'm a little more prepared for discussion.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Your symptoms are those of a failed mechanical diode one way clutch. That clutch went into production at the start of the 2001 model year, and didn't last the entire year before Ford went back to the sprag type one way due to the high number of failures.

Anyone that knows anything about rebuilding the 4R100 knows to NEVER reinstall a mechanical diode. If one is found it must be scrapped and replaced. There are kits available to make the swap.

If the OD light was flashing there were codes stored. Your reader may not be able to read them, but they are there.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Everything inside tranny was replaced including clutch's found out at shop today there is no communication with PCM. Ohhh the joys of tracing electrical circuits while praying it's not the PCM itself.

05 front end conversion, Garrett gtp 38r ball bearing, swap diesel split shot stage 2 injectors, 4 in turbo back to 9" mdrp stack, rift raft fuel sys, afe stage 2 intake, bdp 6 postion chip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode