OD light blink with no codes? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

OD light blink with no codes?

OD light was blinking. I scanned with autoenginuity and it showed no codes. I hit the clear codes icon and no more blink. I have 2 issues, scanner and trans.

The light has blinked before and I reset it by disconnecting the battery and I replace a burnt out bulb in the light above the bed. The burnt bulb and od blink have happened twice. I read the burnt bulb can cause a code and the tranny to go into limp mode. Is this true? I am wanting to get my tranny as good as I can I am thinking deeper pan(with temp port), tranny guage, shift kit(reccomendations?) and trans cooler(tru cool). Any suggestions on set up or order of battle?

On the AE scanner. It pulled a code for my UVC harness needing to be replaced so are their other settings I need to change? What is my next step with the scanner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Re: OD light blink with no codes?

I suspect that there is a code but your AE can't read it.

A deep pan will only empty your wallet. I don't know of any benefit to the transmission from a larger pan. And reading the trans temp in the pan is the worst place you could read it. Use the test port on the driver's side, towards the front, just above the pan. This will give a much more accurate idea of what the internal temperature really is.

I recommend a 6.0L transmission cooler. The Tru-Cool is a distant second place.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

ďThe good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.Ē ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode