E4OD by pass filtration? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

E4OD by pass filtration?

Hey Guys,
So did a search on the above (and found nothing) and rather then ask....had a scan through all 33 pages of posts here....heh heh...not wanting to be flamed on hard!!!

New to autos and thought I should at least get a flacid grasp on it anyways....hmmm not so much for me yet....holy...some of the posts I have NO idea what is being discussed....shift flares...no i don't see any fireworks....should I??? 'K ok....just kiddin' there.....suffice to say lots more for me to chew on...ahem. I thought with an auto ya just pull the lever and go....after drivin' it....mmm yeeesh sure like my simple ZF with a LUK.....But hay I'm up for some more learnin'......and it is nice not loose boost!!

The initial intent was to see if anyone has installed a by pass filtration system say with an Amsoil BE 100 filter or some such....is this worth while, how would i go about doin it?? And kinda had a runaway reading......anyhow thanks for sharing to all whom participate.....

One last thing is there some resource I could read up on that actually explains how these trannies work....like something really dumbed down....my head hurts...from trying to understand the lock unlock, shift flare, Valve bodies, TC.......

TIA,

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
PSN Local

Re: E4OD by pass filtration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Hey Guys,
So did a search on the above (and found nothing) and rather then ask....had a scan through all 33 pages of posts here....heh heh...not wanting to be flamed on hard!!!

New to autos and thought I should at least get a flacid grasp on it anyways....hmmm not so much for me yet....holy...some of the posts I have NO idea what is being discussed....shift flares...no i don't see any fireworks....should I??? 'K ok....just kiddin' there.....suffice to say lots more for me to chew on...ahem. I thought with an auto ya just pull the lever and go....after drivin' it....mmm yeeesh sure like my simple ZF with a LUK.....But hay I'm up for some more learnin'......and it is nice not loose boost!!

The initial intent was to see if anyone has installed a by pass filtration system say with an Amsoil BE 100 filter or some such....is this worth while, how would i go about doin it?? And kinda had a runaway reading......anyhow thanks for sharing to all whom participate.....

One last thing is there some resource I could read up on that actually explains how these trannies work....like something really dumbed down....my head hurts...from trying to understand the lock unlock, shift flare, Valve bodies, TC.......

TIA,

jrc
I think what you are after is an external transmission filter. I don't know how you would hook up a true by-pass filtration system on this transmission. What I used is very similar to what they sell at Dieselsite.com. It hooks into your transmission output lines goes throw the external filter then through the transmission cooler and back into the transmission again.

Griz
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks Griz,

Shall checkout Dieselsite.
Any Pix or a write up with part numbers?

thanks again,

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 04:26 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Thanks Griz,

Shall checkout Dieselsite.
Any Pix or a write up with part numbers?

thanks again,

jrc
I don't have any...but if you look at Dieselsite's info you'll get a good idea on what I have. It is basically a filter mount attached to the frame with transmissions lines connected to the transmission output through the filter and transmission cooler and then back to the transmission. Pretty simple but it takes a while to hook everything up.

Griz
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

'K will have a look and see...

Thanks again,

jrc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode