6.0 trans issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6.0 trans issue

I have a 05 f250 with the 6.0 diesel. I'm Having some weird trans issues. a couple weeks ago I started the truck and when I put it into drive the rpm's spiked to 1200 almost like it was in high idle. so I tried to drive off and it wouldn't go any where until I hit 2000 plus rpms. The truck was very sluggish as if the trans were slipping. as I was driving it ,it was like the engine was surging. It would go then fall on its face and repeat it over and over. But after shutting it off and restarting it 4 or so times it stopped doing it. two weeks go by no problems and I starts doing the same thing. this time its worse and it wont stop. I pulled codes from the trans and the only one that came up was u0100. no communication with ecm/pcm. I really don't want to start replacing things with out knowing exactly what it is. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 6.0 trans issue

bump
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 11:54 AM
PSN Veteran

Is the tow/haul light flashing? what are you using to pull codes? It sounds like the lack of movement in R or D is a pressure problem, as in bad converter or pump or other underlying issue.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yes tow/haul light was flashing. Had my friend pull them at the trans shop he works at. Should I pull codes with the truck running?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

There are two tests. One with the key on and the engine not running, and one with the engine running. Both tests should be run.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ok. I only did key on engine not running. I will do it with the engine running Tomorrow. What puzzles me is, why would it act up, then stop for two weeks, then start again? If it were a pump or converter, I wouldn't think it would stop for a couple weeks the come back and its just drive that it acts up, reverse is fine.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

So I took it to get scanned again. Still.the same code, saying can not communicate with pcm/ecm. So I took it home and unhooked the batteries. Hooked them back up a half an hour later and the truck drives fine now. I drove it for a while, that way it could relearn the Shift points. Seems to be fine, but idk for how long. Maybe the pcm is that he problem?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Unlikely PCM is the issue.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Then what could it be? Why would it be fine now after I reset the computer?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Administrator

just FYI the transmission control segment/TCM (non tech term or "laymans" that makes engineers mad lol)
is part of the PCM/ECM it not a standalone module

I might sit back and see if it does it again ? I might check connections ?

just my 2 cents

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode