5r110 shift problem tow/haul on off blinking - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

5r110 shift problem tow/haul on off blinking

Driving from work to my home and my tow/haul stared blinking and it was shifting rough for a min and then it stop and wouldn't let me go to overdrive and every time i I hit the button the rpm would go up and try to shift and it wouldn't shift any ideas on wat the problem maybe I'm not that good with diagnosis of transmissions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Re: 5r110 shift problem tow/haul on off blinking

that flashing light means u have a code you can read

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

The places that read codes free won't be able to read these codes. You need either a good independent shop or a Ford dealer. Without the codes all I can tell you is that something is wrong.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I got code p2703 and I got one for gear ratio incorrect
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Administrator

interesting
how does your truck know what gear ratio it has ?
what exact truck do you have ? and what other code do you have ?? and maybe a little history like miles and maintenance ?
it may help someone help you

the p2703 is transmission element d apply time performance according to My A/E software

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have a 04 f350 I don't know the transmission ratios I had some work done to it about a month ago I had a new hpop and 100 hp injectors installed all on a stock set up then I just installed a k&n high performance intake and a 5 in mbrp turbo back exhaust system n that's all the aftermarket parts I have on it they also put a trans tune on it so idk if that is affecting it or not my truck has 198k on it it also threw a ecm keep alive memory code I was at work today and I load tested my battery due to the battery light kept coming on
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Administrator

the KAM code was it a p1000? that would be normal for disconnecting the batteries if you unhooked both at the same time

the grear ratio code can't be correct IMO since the truck has no way of knowing what ratio you have

the work you had done to the trany and the programing they did is a point of concern IMO and 200k is a lot of miles for a trany

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 01:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Your direct drive clutches are probably on their last legs. Element D is direct drive. The PCM will throw an incorrect gear ratio code if it doesnt see the correct RPM rate of the internal components for any given gear. I'm guessing gear 5 incorrect ratio, OP? Do you have a delay going to reverse? Or does it slip the 3-5 shift?

Where are you located?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Idk about the delay in reverse but it does jerk n 3 and rup
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Michigan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode