4r100 t/c toast! shifts through gears still - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
On the gas Kickin Ass!

4r100 t/c toast! shifts through gears still

Hello, i've got a issue here my truck will shift through all the gears but it heats up and it's obvious the tc is slipping so my question is is it worth it it put in a new one? and see how much more i can get out of it or just say screw it it's not worth the time go get a bts (gonna be a couple of months for the funds) lol got 210kms on her so would this be a band aid? it does have the tc slipping code..... i think it had a 3rd gear ratio (or something like that to or something like that if that helps you opinions

---------------------------------------------
02 f-350 4x4 100,000 miles, 4" superlift + dual steering stabalizer,Warn premium hub lockers, 4" downpipe 5" stacks, Ts 6pos chip ,triple pod gauges,pioneer deck,alpine amp,2 10" kickers, CCV, Airraid, runnin stock rims 33" bfg all terrains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
PSN Local

Re: 4r100 t/c toast! shifts through gears still

If you're sure it's the converter then yes change it and the cooler and continue on.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
On the gas Kickin Ass!

yeah i'll get my mechanic to give me a opinion on it just for the hell of it

02 f-350 4x4 100,000 miles, 4" superlift + dual steering stabalizer,Warn premium hub lockers, 4" downpipe 5" stacks, Ts 6pos chip ,triple pod gauges,pioneer deck,alpine amp,2 10" kickers, CCV, Airraid, runnin stock rims 33" bfg all terrains

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
They call me Nobody

How hot has it been? I would be scared if it overheated. Heat kills the clutches in the trans and you don't want to waste the money on it if you will just need the trans anyway. I don't think any trans builder wants to warranty a new trans with your recently replaced TC if you do replace the TC now.

02 F250 Lariat Dark Shadow Gray, 343,000 miles on the clock, 4in. lift, 4in. exhaust system w/5"stack, BTS Trans, DIY regulated return.
"A fanatic is someone who cant change their mind and wont change the subject" Winston Churchill
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
On the gas Kickin Ass!

good point i never thought of that yeah minus well just cut losses than, cause it's been up to 220 degree's with me dash gauge was in the red so yeah it's toasty than i figure at 210kms it's not to far off from whooped anyways not gonna waste my time on her, thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode