Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Trans Temps

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Mark Kovalsky 
#1 ·
Ok so I have never had a problem with trans temps but now I am towing with my truck and watching it all the time while driving. I have a 35' Bumper pull RV that weighs 10k and it was 28C or 82F for yall americans, and my temps were around 180F for most of the drive. I got a brand new tranny and Amsoil Synthetic in it. Stock cooler, and stock pan. Is this normal? And it also seems like I can hear my TC growling on takeoff is this normal?

#2 ·
Yes it is.

#3 ·
You sure it is the TC and not your engine fan you hear growling? When my truck is warm the fan will engage and it is LOUD and growls. Stays on until about 40mph or the temps come down then disengages. As for temp, I hear 80-100 over ambiant is normal.

#4 ·
but isn't 195 where you start cooking clutches in the tranny? seems awfully close to me.. Should I invest in a v10 cooler? will this help lots?

#5 ·
More like 220 degrees

#10 ·
180 is nothing.... 210+ is ... here is a comparison of my stock trans cooler and the larger 6.0L i put in its place... i saw a 40 degree drop in my temps with i

40 degrees is what this fellow said and after looking at the 2 of them I believe it. But 180 is nothing Mine runs that in stoplight traffic but with my trailer out on the road it's still around 180. I don't think you have anything to worry about

#7 ·
what will drop the temps more the 6.0L cooler or a MagHytec deep pan? Does the 6.0 cooler just mount right up or do you have to make some changes?

#9 ·
how much temp drops we looking at with the 6.0 cooler?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.