Tranny temp sending unit? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
We put the FU! in FUN

Tranny temp sending unit?

After about 5-10 mins of driving the tranny gauge will peg out @ 250.. i checked all of the lines and the gauge? Im pretty sure its the sending unit in the tranny. i am currently using an auto meter gauge iof that makes any difference.. is there a specific part number or anything along those lines?

Bored .030 HHT Waste gate,Wicked Wheel, K&N intake, 4" Turbo back, HPX Line , 6.0 Tranny Cooler, IDM MOD,3 Gauge Pillar W/ Auto meter Ultra Lites with LED's, LED Interior lights,
Bestop Soft Top,35W HID's 6K,Pioneer AVHP4200DVD 7",Rockford P2 10" ,Phoniex Gold Door Speakers,JL Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
We put the FU! in FUN

Re: Tranny temp sending unit?

anyone?

Bored .030 HHT Waste gate,Wicked Wheel, K&N intake, 4" Turbo back, HPX Line , 6.0 Tranny Cooler, IDM MOD,3 Gauge Pillar W/ Auto meter Ultra Lites with LED's, LED Interior lights,
Bestop Soft Top,35W HID's 6K,Pioneer AVHP4200DVD 7",Rockford P2 10" ,Phoniex Gold Door Speakers,JL Amp
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:06 PM
PSN Veteran

i asked about a tranny temp sending unit ealier, seems nobody knows anything about them. I got mine from autozone it was for a autometer guage. But your problem sounds like a wireing issue to me like mabey you have the power wires on wrong or mabey not a good enough ground?

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
We put the FU! in FUN

i checked all of the wires and the power wires are good also, I moved the unit like turning it and what not and it feels like #### lol im just courious what the part # is. Im almost positive that will cure the problem

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Lovin the Tuna

yep that or the guage. Sounds like something is slowly grounding itself out ro sumthin... I have the ultra lites, i dont know any part numbers though. have you checked autometers website? Or checked the box your guage came in? Could also try calling autometer directly for a part number...

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
We put the FU! in FUN

I have the ulta lites also.
gauges came with the truck 3+ years ago lol ill call auto meter tommarow and see if they have a part #. Thanks again guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode