Best transmission to go with?? Alot of pulling - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Best transmission to go with?? Alot of pulling

Hey guys, I am new here....Doing a little bit of lookin and found yalls site...Pretty damn cool layout....

Anyways...I got a 1999 Ford F350 Crew Cab with a Edge Juice/Attitude with exhaust and an intake...It pulls my race car to the track....Its got right at 100,000 miles on it...I know the trans is somewhat tough...But I am looking to upgrade to a built trans...I can build the trans my self...My question is this

What type of rebuild kit would i need? The truck will mostly pull my 10,000lbs enclosed trailor...Maybe run it down the 1/4 once and a blue moon....but mainly pull.....WHo has the best trans rebuild kits? I want to do heavy duty clutches and bands. What type of converter do I need to go with?? Thanks for all the help!!

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Re: Best transsmission to go with?? Alot of pulling

If you plan on DIY, RacerX is your man.

These trannies are not a TH 350 and the average Joe CAN NOT rebuild one to last to the end of the driveway. I've seen that firsthand with my uncle's truck and a local shop.

However, with a little professional experienced help to guide you, and tell you all the "little" things Ford skips and makes weak spots, you can build a tough tranny.

Check him out at www.defiantequipment.com
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
If you plan on DIY, RacerX is your man.

These trannies are not a TH 350 and the average Joe CAN NOT rebuild one to last to the end of the driveway. I've seen that firsthand with my uncle's truck and a local shop.

However, with a little professional experienced help to guide you, and tell you all the "little" things Ford skips and makes weak spots, you can build a tough tranny.

Check him out at www.defiantequipment.com
I am going to call him tommorow...

Do you know of anybody that offers a complete ready to bolt up transmission that can tow heavy loads and take some street abuse?? Thanks

CJ

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 AM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

John Wood and Racer X are both site sponsors and their transmissions have very good reputations. I know John Wood sells complete trans (that's what I'll have shortly), pretty sure Racer X can too.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Braaaaaaaaaaaap

john wood has also said he would supply parts for the DIY'er...! That's pretty un-common from a shop. RacerX seems extremely knowledable and I've received some excellent help and guidance from bigblockhorse too. There's others, but like elmo said... these guys are sponsors and help out around here.

'00 F350 CC LB 4wd 7.3L with stuff, haulin' a 40' trailer with toys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 AM
PSN Veteran

brians truck shop builds some bomb proof trannies too.. not trying to take away from any sponsors or anything but theres alot of options out there

early 99, xcab, 8"lift,37" toyo open country m/ts, afe stage II,BDP tuning, 5" black chrome aussie cuts, blacked out bumper and grill, 8 isspro performax guages, stealth dual pumps, a few fuel leaks......

mods to come:
NO SACRIFICE..... NO VICTORY!
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprayin96TA View Post
Do you know of anybody that offers a complete ready to bolt up transmission that can tow heavy loads and take some street abuse?? Thanks
This is from ATS:

ATS Automatic Transmissions carry a 3-year/150,000 mile warranty. This warranty shall not apply to any automatic transmission that has been improperly stored or installed. This warranty shall not apply to misapplication, improper operating conditions, accidents, or neglect. This warranty shall not apply to an automatic transmission that has been improperly repaired, maintained and/or altered by the owner or his agent/tech. This includes, but is not limited to the following:

1. ABUSE resulting in broken, fractured, or sheared shafts/gears; damaged clutch packs/bands (except as identified in “Clutch Pack Failures” above).

c. Modifications to cooler system that is not approved by ATS (i.e.: external transmission filter, restricted cooler lines)

4. The use of other than Factory or ATS TCM/PCM programming.

Pay special attention to Item 4.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.

Last edited by bigrpowr; 11-09-2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: sorry bts is not a site sponsor. tell brian to join up.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunctional View Post
john wood has also said he would supply parts for the DIY'er...!

That's pretty un-common from a shop.
Is there a reason to DIY if you are buying all the parts from that shop? Also, would there be a warranty issue?

Yes it is because I would be afraid that if you installed something wrong you might blame my shop for supplying bad parts.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Soon to be a 6.4

Send a message via AIM to lildevil02

CJ this is Sonicstang from HPJ....Do yourself a favor and go with a BTS....you can’t go wrong. Take this from a guy that is on his 5th tranny. That the route I’m going with.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 04:59 AM
PSN Veteran

you can also buy good parts from suncoast,no i'm not pappy.but for warrenty,i would have brian,or john build it,brian is close to you,john is close for me.suncoast is like a whore=everywhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode