Need instructions on Installing 6.0 cooler in my x - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Smile Need instructions on Installing 6.0 cooler in my x

I am getting ready to install my 6.0 L transmission cooler. Anybody have instructions they are willing to share?

I have heard anyplace from one to six hours.

The X is my only vehicle so any little pieces of hardware I need to have on hand is a great help.

Thanks,

steve

2000 7.3L PSD Excursion
4" MBRP 409 Turbo Back
Hellwig Swaybar
Isspro EV, Overhead 3-Gauge Mount
235K and rolling right along
Ford AIS
6.0 Liter Tranmission Cooler

Planned Mods
DP-Tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 09:48 PM
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Need instructions on Installing 6.0 cooler in my x

I'm gonna take 2 1/2" couplings 2 1/2" hose barbs, and 2 3/8" to 1/2" hose barbs We have a V-10 cooler here that has some hose on it, so I figure I'll use that to go between the cooler and the barbs then through the couplings to the 1/2' to 3/8' barbs to 3/8' hose use the apropreate hose clamps and call it done after cheaking for leaks. I'm gonna proble suck out the freon and pull the condensor to make the install easier. I've heard you can just pull it back and squeezze your arm down between the rad and condensor, but the fins on the con are sharp so be carefull. I'm proble forgetting something , but I know someone will fill in any blacks I missed.

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 AM
PSN Local

Re: Need instructions on Installing 6.0 cooler in my x

Not sure what an "x" is but I put on in my 2000 crew, it was easy. Take the plastic grille out, unbolt the condinser off the support, unbolt the origonal tranny cooler, undo the tranny lines and pull the old cooler out.

Before fitting the 6.0 cooler in fasten about a foot of 1/2" rubber line to each barbered boss. Make sure to get the nuts off the origonal cooler tabs and place them on the new cooler. Now put the new cooler in, secure it, secure the condenser and replace the grille. On the ends of the 1/2" lines that are now hanging use a couple fittings to go from 1/2" to 3/8" and run them to the tranny and the rad cooler. I think it took me maybe an hour.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Hated by All

The "x" is the Excursion he has listed in his sig.....

PARIAH

2001 F-350
Resurection has begun.....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:57 PM
PSN Local

Thanks! I am not familiar with all the newer Ford names or acronyms. This is the newest rig I have owned in many years. I am used to my ol 71 Ford highboy talk

Greg

2000 PSD F250 4X4 Crew, John Wood 4R100, DP Tuner, 4" Diamond eye, Tymar, LIFT, 35" Toyos, Pillar gauges, TC lockup switch, 6.0L cooler, Single core rad, Most of all a Cool Driver, THATS ALL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode