i need help quick - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i need help quick

ok so i am sure some of these questions have been answered but i have been looking for them and no luck.

i have a 1990 7.3 e40d , the o/d light is blinking, i just bought it and the guy before me put in a speedo sensor not even a month ago. the speedometer is still a little shakey so im wondering about that but i did notice that one of the wires on the tach sensor is bare and probably grounding out on the sensor nut, but for the most part the tach works it dose sit at zero at idle but when you get on it it starts to work. my question is should i replace it , could the tach sensor have anything to do with the speedo still being shakey and also can i get a code off the tranny since the o/d light is blinking . its supposably got 198,000 on it. i am kinda in a hurry got to have it fixed by saterday but i dont want to just randomly throw parts at it please if any one could help it would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: i need help quick

ok so i pulled the codes and i am pretty sure i got 23,23,1,68,68 i am not exacly sure what i need to check out here the tps and a idle tracking switch possibly grounded????? please help lol
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
PSN Newb

Re: i need help quick

my o/d light in my 97 started blinkin then thrue a tranny slip code then about an hour later she blew the front seal. it was havin trouble shifting so sombody told me to try a new shift cylinoid. i didnt get the chance but ive been told the o/d light blinkin could be a # of different things. but to late now im doin a ZF5 swap, screw them autos!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode