2000 4r100 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

2000 4r100

So on the way home from training last night, trans seamed to have a bit of "trailer hitch" feeling going on. Stopped for fuel, put it in drive to pull away from the pump and.. a delayed, slipping basically no foward engagement. Trans has 200 000 km on it, previous owner (co worker) said that this was happening to him after towing up to temp and same thing. So I have a feeling I have a fwd clutch leak, getting old and tired i guess. Time for an overhaul.

Anyways I am a ford tech, I can assemble transmissions to ford specs but I'm no "builder". I'm just wondering what everyone on here would recommend for upgrades for a DD truck. I do tow fairly often and usually when I do it is 5000 lbs or more. I want to upgrade to a multiple disk converter (seams common) who makes a decent converter for a decent price? I've read I can swap in a 5r110 converter but haven't figured out if it is a direct swap or what is needed. I don't plan on making huge hp numbers but I do want a strong trans. What other things should I upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
cjsobas

Re: 2000 4r100

what i did to build mine is triple disk converter from racer x, red egale clutchs and steeles from racer x and a bts valve body an a 6.0 cooler. 20000 and still counting runs great and heat stays at a minuim even towing heavy loads

2000 F350 7.3l custom 5in exhaust, glowshift pillar gauges, 4in sky jacker lift, edge evo only on tow built tranny/ bts valve body/alto clutches and steeles/racer x triple disk torque converter, 20in moto metel 955, 35/12.50r20 nitto m/t, ww, 2ton helper springs
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I scored a used 6.0 cooler last week at work, plan to flush and install it. How do you like the racer x converter? Did you change stall at all? How do your shifts feel with the BTS valvebody?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:53 AM
cjsobas

Idk about the stall. But I got the compoition converter I love it.and the bts didn't change much just driving but when towing it makes a world of diffrence

2000 F350 7.3l custom 5in exhaust, glowshift pillar gauges, 4in sky jacker lift, edge evo only on tow built tranny/ bts valve body/alto clutches and steeles/racer x triple disk torque converter, 20in moto metel 955, 35/12.50r20 nitto m/t, ww, 2ton helper springs
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode