Gear Vendor overdrive - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Gear Vendor overdrive

I'm starting to set my truck up for long highway travel and I'm looking into ways to improve MPGs if possible and was wondering about their overdrive system. Is it worth the cost? Anyone running it see a big increase in mileage?

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 AM
PSN Local

Re: Gear Vendor overdrive

i think they are pretty pricey..like $2-3k. what are your rpms at now? most powerstrokes at highway speed are most efficent between 1800-2000 rpm much lower and they start adding a little fuel to give the torque to push it through the air at 75mph. most people who see the benifit of a GV overdrive is the 450 and 550 crowd with the 4.88 gear set. for when the truck is empty. my 2 cents

2006 CCSB 4x4 ARP studs, FCDP egr delete and coolant filter, SCT tuned by Innovative, 6.4 banjos, MBRP 4" Turbo back, Edge Insight CTS, Blue Spring Kit, 160amp alt with remote rectifier from Quick Start, Icon 2.5", toyo mt's

Made for work by Ford, Made for fun by FCDP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So how is that Hope and Change workin out for ya?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 AM
PSN Local

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Just wasnt sure if it was beneficial or not, I just got my answer. Thank you very much!

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode