96 F250 E4OD problems/ NO CODES - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

96 F250 E4OD problems/ NO CODES

Ok I got this truck about 4 months ago, it was bone stock when I got it and has 370,000 miles. It has shifted hard into 2nd since I got it. I do not know if the tranny has ever been rebuilt, but I would GUESS with the mileage that it's not the stock tranny. It has never slipped under a load. We checked the codes with an AE scanner and the only code is EBPV which is unhooked due to it malfunctioning.

Ok so the other day I was driving and it took of fine, I got on the highway and up to 60mph, when I got off the highway it was like it was in neutral, and wouldn't move. Once I go it home I checked the fluid And it was full on the dipstick. While sitting on flat ground, put it in gear and give it throttle it would slowly start to move like it was building up fluid pressure. Let it sit for a day and decided to add a quart of fluid, and it was fine for about a week. Now when you put it in reverse it feels like its stuck between gears and nearly impossible to move. Also it will go forward but feels like its taking off in 2nd and once you hit OD it won't pull anymore, just revs up, then you have to stop, put in reverse then back in Drive and it will go again, I am about to have the tranny rebuilt by a reputable shop, and already have a trans-go VB, and EDGE torque converter. I'm just curious because I do not want to put all this money into the tranny and these problems still occur. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also a local performance shop specializing in fords says it feels like its blowing thru the converter?? This sound right?

Thanks, Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 96 F250 E4OD problems/ NO CODES

Sounds like your trans is on the way out. I have a buddy w/ a mildly built e4od for sale if that is a route you might want to go. $1200 complete w/ 5k miles on the rebuild. He just pulled it to put in a standard.

00 f250 some stuff done always more to do.
Best advice I have seen on here "If you cant afford to build it right you certainly cant afford to build it twice"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 AM
PSN Newb

Re: 96 F250 E4OD problems/ NO CODES

Yup, I agree with cobra! She's about done.

96 F350 CCLB 4X4 7.3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode