What to look for in a rebuilt transmission? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

What to look for in a rebuilt transmission?

I have spoken to a 2 tranny shops and received 2 very different quotes. Shop 1 quoted $2500 for mine to be rebuilt with all upgrades, sonnax .500 vb upgrade, shift kit, "multi clutch billit converter", and all new hard parts. Shop 2 quoted my $1570 for me to come pick one up that they already rebuilt with all upgrades, sonnax vb upgrade, shift kit, HD clutches, and steel plantetary, triple disc billit converter, and rebuilt hard parts.

Why could there be such a difference in price, they both sound pretty much the same.

Thanks in advance

2001 F250 CCLB, PHP Hydra, 6637, MBRP 4" exhaust and rear air bags

97' F250 ECLB, 7.3, Baby Swamps, Hydra w/swamps tunes, 6637, 3"dp 4" straight, Dana 60, 2.25 PMF RSK, Built Trans & Cooler, DIY efuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: What to look for in a rebuilt transmission?

Any difference in the warranty?

And what do they define as "all upgrades"? You can't hardly buy the 300m shafts for a grand.

Newest project: 1995 F350 CC/DRW 2WD E4OD. 3" DP, 4" Diamond Eye system. But I'm still fixin' the broken stuff......
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: What to look for in a rebuilt transmission?

Both are a 3yr 100,000 mile.

Here is the link I found on ebay from the same company shop 2 and transmission. The one I got the estimate for has the upgraded converter.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

All factory upgrades that have been done since 1997 not sure what that means I assumed it meant they fixed any defects.

2001 F250 CCLB, PHP Hydra, 6637, MBRP 4" exhaust and rear air bags

97' F250 ECLB, 7.3, Baby Swamps, Hydra w/swamps tunes, 6637, 3"dp 4" straight, Dana 60, 2.25 PMF RSK, Built Trans & Cooler, DIY efuel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode