Any experience with ford reman HD4r100 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Any experience with ford reman HD4r100

Looks like truck needs a trans does anyone have experience with ford reman hd4r100. I know about BTS trans called this morning and he is a month out mid may. I need something sooner than that. I use this truck very little only to tow my camper most years it only sees 6000-7000 miles. Truck is already 12 years old not sure on how much longer I will keep it. So what kind of luck have you had with ford reman HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Nose picker

Re: Any experience with ford reman HD4r100

My dad has one in his truck. It's been good and no problems. Give John Wood a call and see what his wait time is. He has a few options you could do. Bring the truck in, drive another vehicle to his shop and exchange transmissions, or he can ship you one. I have his tow master and it's a really nice unit. Shifts smooth but firm. No banging into gears.

02 F250 cc/sb 7.3 2wd 4R100
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
PSN Veteran

I helped my brother-in-law put one in his '99 F350 back in June of 2008. Has held up fine there. He said he thought it pulled better than the stock trans did with a Banks trans command on it (He took the Banks unit off before we put in the HD4R100).
Stephen

edit: We did add the 6.0L trans cooler at the same time. I'm sure that had to help.

Newest project: 1995 F350 CC/DRW 2WD E4OD. 3" DP, 4" Diamond Eye system. But I'm still fixin' the broken stuff......

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketracer View Post
I helped my brother-in-law put one in his '99 F350 back in June of 2008. Has held up fine there. He said he thought it pulled better than the stock trans did with a Banks trans command on it (He took the Banks unit off before we put in the HD4R100).
Stephen

edit: We did add the 6.0L trans cooler at the same time. I'm sure that had to help.
How long did the install take? I am going to the local trans shop today to have the codes pulled. Guy at trans shop said just od light is flashing dont mean the trans is toast might be a shift solenoid he said. Well I hope its something minor I dont want to dump a bunch of money in this truck right now.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Guess I jumped the gun. Trans guy said code was for slip in 2-3 shift. He asked was truck cold I said yes. He cleared code and said drive it and see if it comes back.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duanesz View Post
How long did the install take? I am going to the local trans shop today to have the codes pulled. Guy at trans shop said just od light is flashing dont mean the trans is toast might be a shift solenoid he said. Well I hope its something minor I dont want to dump a bunch of money in this truck right now.

We did the trans and the cooler over a weekend. We didn't rush, I'm sure it could be done in a single day. I welded up an adapter to fit my floor jack to help with the install, that took a couple of hours.

Newest project: 1995 F350 CC/DRW 2WD E4OD. 3" DP, 4" Diamond Eye system. But I'm still fixin' the broken stuff......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode