4r100 - sonnax / tricumulator removal question (back to stock) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

4r100 - sonnax / tricumulator removal question (back to stock)

Does anyone know what parts are needed? The parts I removed from the VB during the install of the valve/springs are a safe place, safe from me at least

Anyway, it seems easier to remove the stuff than to have the chip reburned...

1999.5 F350 SuperCab, Auto, 4x4, 3.73, PHP tunes, PI Stallion, Tri-something-olator, Hutched/Harpooned, 6637, CCV, IAH delete, MBRP 4", Evans, 203 T-stat, Japanese drain valve, dyna-beads, 70K
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 4r100 - sonnax / tricumulator removal question (back to stock)

Just follow these, but going backwards!:
http://www.sonnax.com/system/instruc...4R100HD-IN.pdf

Newest project: 1995 F350 CC/DRW 2WD E4OD. 3" DP, 4" Diamond Eye system. But I'm still fixin' the broken stuff......
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:12 AM
riverjet

If you want to tone the shifting down because of the tuning,use a sonnex 372 valve.A famous trans builder everyone loves said to scrap the 427 valve.I used the 372 with transgo springs from a tugger kit and sonnex shift valves on the 1-2,2-3 shift.I used a trannsgo steel valve on the 3-4.My trans shifts awesome finnally! FAST and without any harshness under any conditions.

2001 f250 xlt reg cab 4x4,7.3 stock injectors,water/meth,ITP rr,walbro,5/8 pu,BD/MANN ccv,DP F5,OILGUARD,stock turbo,WW,ATS,1.0 exh.housing,high flow outlet,MBRP4",Billet 3-disk,built trans,Billsteins,11 ISSPRO PERFORMAX gauges,Scan gauge,08 rear cover,350 blocks,x-springs,AFE stg2/pg7,P265/75r16 NITTO Terragrapplers.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks, good information...going to order the .372 valve. Here is more info (searched after you gave me the valve sizes!):

Sonnax info

1999.5 F350 SuperCab, Auto, 4x4, 3.73, PHP tunes, PI Stallion, Tri-something-olator, Hutched/Harpooned, 6637, CCV, IAH delete, MBRP 4", Evans, 203 T-stat, Japanese drain valve, dyna-beads, 70K

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:00 PM
PSN Newb

Question Re: 4r100 - sonnax / tricumulator removal question (back to stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverjet View Post
If you want to tone the shifting down because of the tuning,use a sonnex 372 valve.A famous trans builder everyone loves said to scrap the 427 valve.I used the 372 with transgo springs from a tugger kit and sonnex shift valves on the 1-2,2-3 shift.I used a trannsgo steel valve on the 3-4.My trans shifts awesome finnally! FAST and without any harshness under any conditions.
Hello Riverjet! What valves fron sonnex did you use for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, was it these valves? E40D 4R100 transmission accumulator valves E40D shift kits

and the steel transgo valve that you used for the 3-4 shift, was it included with the Tugger Kit?

My truck is a 1993 7.3 Diesel with the 4x4 E4OD.
My transmission is dead, so I picked up a powerstroke 95 with an E4OD, it should have the important updates from ford, the powerstroke motor is on its last leg, but the transmission shifts really good!

I plan to use the E4OD from the 95 powerstroke and put it into my 93, I know that I will need to swap over the coil pack and possibly shifter linkage, because the e4od out of the 95 is powerstroke it has 6 stud torque converter, so I will have to buy a new torque converter, below is my shopping list, did I miss anything?

converter(wish these cost less, but don't wanna cheap out and regret it): Hughes Performance Extreme Towing Diesel Torque Converters 46LXFM - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Transgo Tugger kit: TransGo Automatic Transmission Reprogramming Kits 4R100-HD2 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

.372 sonnax modulator valve: E4OD Transmission line pressure modulator valve Sonnax 36948-05K

is this the spring for the modulator valve? (does the tugger kit include a new modulator valve spring?) E4OD 4R100 Transmission main pressure regulator spring E4OD 4R100

metal drainback valve to replace plastic one: Sonnax 36425-01K E4OD Front lube and converter drain-back valve.

sonnax sure lock retaining ring (oem ones come loose and tearup tranny?) E4OD 4R100 Overdrive piston return spring retaining ring. Sonnax 36744-01

are these the sonnax valves for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift? E40D 4R100 transmission accumulator valves E40D shift kits

I also found this, but for a pan its kinda spendy, but would give me a better location to mount a tranny temp sensor:

this shopping list was created after reading various posts about e4od rebuild, and kits.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 01:07 AM
Administrator

this thread is 4 years old ?

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 01:32 AM
PSN Newb

yes, but of all the threads, this one has more first hand experience from riverjet than i've seen anywhere else. he using both the transgo kit and sonnax valves as well as using a 372 over a 427, most of which is similar to what ive come to the conclusion I would like to do, so was really hoping to get some feedback from them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Administrator

well he has not been on here since 2012 so don't hold your breath

but feel free to start a new thread

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode