Wondering if this is my trans? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Wondering if this is my trans?

I have a 95 single cab with an e4od, it shifts great low speeds and even when im driving a little hard, the only thing thats annoying me as of lately is how poorly the truck feels on the highway, I live in new jersey, every highway sucks, but i feel like its not the highway. Around 65mph, the main speed limit i get this bouncy feeling, nothing violent but its pretty annoying and i noticed if i continued to accelerate it a little it stopped but would happen again once im cruising. I know the truck is old, and its a truck so its not going to ride like im on a cloud, but Im just concerned as it only does it at a cruising speed and not during acceleration. The tach doesnt seen to be bouncing around when i feel these vibrations. As far as i know, everthing is stock driveline wise, trans, and rear. Im sure these bald crapp 33's arent helping either, but I figured i'd ask on here for some input.

1995 F250 single cab 4x4 7.3 287k miles, Mods are : 3inch downpipe/5inch straight pipe, tymar intake, 4 position KEM custom tunes, beans electronic fuel setup with the fuel air seperation system, Stock injectors, stock reman e4od trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Wondering if this is my trans?

I'd say its the tires.....or bad shocks

02 f250
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

That's what I was thinking they are In really bad condition, I'm just waiting to get the stock rims from my friend who sold it to me to put new tires on them, it's the stock Alcoa's and I really like them

1995 F250 single cab 4x4 7.3 287k miles, Mods are : 3inch downpipe/5inch straight pipe, tymar intake, 4 position KEM custom tunes, beans electronic fuel setup with the fuel air seperation system, Stock injectors, stock reman e4od trans.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
I'd say its the tires.....or bad shocks

Check other suspension components as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode