My bypass questions about amsoil. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

My bypass questions about amsoil.

I ready to order a bypass kit. I like the one from amsoil site also seen the one from diesel site.

Is there anything else, if I just ordering the one from amsoil, I plan on mounting in on the frame of the truck. Does it come with enough hose to mount there?

I will also be ordering the oil fill cap and return cap as well.

How well are the instructions on the install sheet?
I did do a search and really didnt find a sharight answer on the install parts i was thinking about.

Thanks

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: My bypass questions about amsoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2001 View Post
I ready to order a bypass kit. I like the one from amsoil site also seen the one from diesel site.

Is there anything else, if I just ordering the one from amsoil, I plan on mounting in on the frame of the truck. Does it come with enough hose to mount there?

I will also be ordering the oil fill cap and return cap as well.

How well are the instructions on the install sheet?
I did do a search and really didnt find a sharight answer on the install parts i was thinking about.

Thanks
I have the by pass on my 2008 f250, your going to need more hose. i mounted mine under the pass. door. it simple to do Bill from powerstroke help.com has a video how to set up the connections on a 6.0...it the exact same way on a 6.4...just dont mount it under the hood. I love my bypass filter i just went 10k and my oil was still super clean could go 20k
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
PSN Veteran

I mounted mine on the frame and I ordered an additional 10' of hose. It wasn't hard to install but the insructions are kind of confusing.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks guys

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.

2013 dodge charger
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 02:46 AM
PSN Local

just out of curiosity how much does the amsoil kit run?? and to what size microns does it filter?

83 Ranger 2wd, 2.2 perkins 4cyl diesel, 4sp-all stock
95 F-350 4X4, 7.3, auto, reg cab longbox- 4'' MBRP exhaust, 6637 intake, T-500, intercooler, gauges, fluidamper, FS-2500, swamp's modded idm, '03SD seats and more to come...

**WANTED** 4spd transmission for a diesel ranger with 2.2 perkins diesel..pm me if you have one..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

when i get total price for everything includeing the extra hose i try and do a install thread and price list.

2013 dodge charger
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator86 View Post
just out of curiosity how much does the amsoil kit run?? and to what size microns does it filter?
How much it costs depends on whether you are a Preferered Customer or not. The Preferred Customer pays the same as I do as dealer (wholesale) otherwise you pay retail. Below is a list of the parts needed to do a single bypass on the 6.0L or 6.4L.

Ford 6.0L/6.4L Power Stroke™ Diesels Order BMK21
To ease installation of the BMK21 on 2003 and later model Ford pickups equipped with the 6.0L and 6.4L Power Stroke™ diesel engines, AMSOIL offers the new Aluminum Billet Oil Filter Cap (BK1101), the Aluminum Billet Oil Fill Cap (BK1102) and the 90-degree JIC Elbow (BP242, two recommended) (all sold separately). These new high-quality billet aluminum caps replace the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) filter cap and oil fill cap. The new caps have holes tapped in them that accept the JIC elbows for hose connectors. Extra hose would be part number BP251 sold by the foot.

Anybody interested in buying one of these and wants to become a Preferred Customer so you can buy at wholesale contact me in a PM and I will take care of you with a PS Nation special.

The Single bypass for the 6.0L like the one in the picture uses a 2 micron full synthetic media bypass filter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your Source for Diesel Performance Parts, Filters, Accessories, Maintenance, Amsoil Synthetics
Dane Evans

, PM or Call (805)531-9551
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
PSN Veteran

i am also looking to purchase on of these kits in the near future, my question is i already have the oil cooler rebuild kit for my 06 6.0, i am un clear if i go with the oil bypass kit, do i still need to rebuild the oil cooler?...or are they two seperate items that have nothing to do with eachother....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokedkid87 View Post
i am also looking to purchase on of these kits in the near future, my question is i already have the oil cooler rebuild kit for my 06 6.0, i am un clear if i go with the oil bypass kit, do i still need to rebuild the oil cooler?...or are they two seperate items that have nothing to do with eachother....
Two seperate items and don't really have anything to do with the other. You still need to rebuild the oil cooler. The bypass kit only filters the oil at a much finer rate but has nothing to do with the oil cooler.

Your Source for Diesel Performance Parts, Filters, Accessories, Maintenance, Amsoil Synthetics
Dane Evans

, PM or Call (805)531-9551
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Racing View Post
Two seperate items and don't really have anything to do with the other. You still need to rebuild the oil cooler. The bypass kit only filters the oil at a much finer rate but has nothing to do with the oil cooler.
Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure....thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode