Looking for filter assembly - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Looking for filter assembly

I have bought a 1,000 gallon skid tank for My diesel. The pump does not have a filter assembly that is on the pump. This pump has a 20 gpm fuel flow with 1" pipe thread, what I am looking for is a filter assembly to fit with the option to filter down to 2 micron if possible if I decide to mix in some WMO with My diesel fuel. What I have found only goes down to 10 micron @ 15 gpm. I figured there were several sites that could help but I have not found them yet. Any help will be appreciated

99.5 F-350 SRW 6 speed mods:PHP live tuned., MSD propane system, snow water injection,DDP stage 1 injectors,AFE stage II air intake,ITP boost regulater,3.5 turbo back exaust,FASS fuel system. Gulf Coast oil bypass filtration, ITP reg. return, HPX oil line , GTP 38r with 1.15,EBPV delete. 430,000 miles,Adrenaline HPOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish
Re: Looking for filter assembly

Not sure if they make 2mic filters that will flow 20gpm.... Tractor supply company has aluminum filter blocks with 1" thread for fairly cheap... $18 if i remember correctly... Best I think you may do is maybe find a high flow 30mic or so, then after the filter, split to two 2microns.... then back to one pipe... regardless it wont be cheap.... 3blocks x 18, 30mic filter 10, 2-2mic filters x 12, misc pipe fittings 10..... so close to $100) thats why my pump is a 15gpm

What brand pump? Filrite? might get away with just dealing with the pressure and not blowing out the filters. I can tell the flow is decreased with my 15gpm pump and just one 10mic 12-15gpm filter.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
PSN Local

Everything you need: http://jmesales.com/department/1888/1/Filters.aspx

2 micron, 40 gpm filter: http://jmesales.com/item/35552/Cim-T...l-Filters.aspx

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfishman17 View Post
Not sure if they make 2mic filters that will flow 20gpm.... Tractor supply company has aluminum filter blocks with 1" thread for fairly cheap... $18 if i remember correctly... Best I think you may do is maybe find a high flow 30mic or so, then after the filter, split to two 2microns.... then back to one pipe... regardless it wont be cheap.... 3blocks x 18, 30mic filter 10, 2-2mic filters x 12, misc pipe fittings 10..... so close to $100) thats why my pump is a 15gpm

What brand pump? Filrite? might get away with just dealing with the pressure and not blowing out the filters. I can tell the flow is decreased with my 15gpm pump and just one 10mic 12-15gpm filter.
I figured that I was asking a lot for a company to make a 2 mic filter with that flow capability. Yes it is a fillrite pump. Would I be correct to assume that if I use the smallest mic filter I can find on the pump and then use a 2 mic filter on My fass fuel setup I would accomplish the same end result if there is a filter for My fass thats 2 mic?

99.5 F-350 SRW 6 speed mods:PHP live tuned., MSD propane system, snow water injection,DDP stage 1 injectors,AFE stage II air intake,ITP boost regulater,3.5 turbo back exaust,FASS fuel system. Gulf Coast oil bypass filtration, ITP reg. return, HPX oil line , GTP 38r with 1.15,EBPV delete. 430,000 miles,Adrenaline HPOP
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albin View Post
Thanks a lot for that site, found exactly what I wanted, just waiting for Mon. morning to make order. By the way just bought 1,000 gal of b100 a few minutes ago @ 3.25 per gal,hope its a good thing!!!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish

Nice, i bookmarked that site as well.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Great find. I bookmarked it too.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albin View Post
Well I finally put on the filter assem. and 2 mic. filter on the pump today. The filter that I used is a cem-tek filter made specificly for bio. I was able to pump about 9 gallons before filter quit flowing. I removed that filter and put on 2nd filter, 9 more gallons and it was done. Called jmsales and of course they sold Me the correct filter for the application-so they say. There may be 3-5% WMO in bio I don't think that would cause a problem. Both trucks run great on this B100 with no filter issues now that tanks are clean. Does anyone have any insight on filtering B100? Would 2 mic be to small for bio? The daily temps here have been in the 90s if that makes a difference. When I first put B100 in My 99.5 I went about 5 miles before it shut down starving for fuel. At that time I had a fleetguard 2 mic filter on My FASS pump. A friend happened to have a extra filter at his place and got Me going. I have ended up with a carquest 85202 oil filter on the FASS pump. I had thought that it was a 2 mic filter but now I'm not sure. This makes Me wonder if 2 mic could be to small. Any ideas appreciated.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
PSN Local

I'd try filtering in stages, perhaps 10 microns first, then 2 microns.

Have you dissected the filters to see if they are clogged?

Good luck.

Al
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Ithink that I will stay at 5 mic for now . It seems to do OK. I just dont understand why 2 mic is to small.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode