post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Ballin' on a Budget

Re: UOA with Rev-X

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 AM
40 lug nuts

Blackstone phone call- Potassium RevX....... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

BULLETPROOF DIESEL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F-250

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Headwind Magnet

Interesting. Goose, given the lack of water detected in the UOA, it has to be the RevX, not antifreeze in the oil. Very interested to see what the virgin sample of RevX shows. I don't normally go on .org, so it would be great if you could keep us posted.

The one other thing that jumps out at me is iron went up in your last sample. I guess that could be due to one of two things: RevX has iron in it, or your motor didn't care for it.

Best,
Jim

2002 F-350 SC/SB/SRW 4X4 auto- Tymar intake, AIH delete, Swamps injectors, Swamps IDM, Dieselsite Coolant Filter,
Bilsteins with a stock ride height.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Ballin' on a Budget

I know it is the Rev-x causing this. This thread is for the people who dont know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
Interesting. Goose, given the lack of water detected in the UOA, it has to be the RevX, not antifreeze in the oil. Very interested to see what the virgin sample of RevX shows. I don't normally go on .org, so it would be great if you could keep us posted.

The one other thing that jumps out at me is iron went up in your last sample. I guess that could be due to one of two things: RevX has iron in it, or your motor didn't care for it.

Best,
Jim
True, but I did double my OCI.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Headwind Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
True, but I did double my OCI.
I saw that but I also noticed that the last one was higher at 14 than your first one at 9 with a comparable OCI. However, that could also be caused by changing oil brands. I'm not sure of your complete history.

Have you added RevX since your last oil change? Be interesting to see your UOA next time if you didn't.
Best,
Jim

2002 F-350 SC/SB/SRW 4X4 auto- Tymar intake, AIH delete, Swamps injectors, Swamps IDM, Dieselsite Coolant Filter,
Bilsteins with a stock ride height.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Ballin' on a Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
I saw that but I also noticed that the last one was higher at 14 than your first one at 9 with a comparable OCI. However, that could also be caused by changing oil brands. I'm not sure of your complete history.

Have you added RevX since your last oil change? Be interesting to see your UOA next time if you didn't.
Best,
Jim
True. That was with Motorcraft 15w40.

I have not added any more rev x. Going to get a UOA on the oil change after next.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Freedom is not free

Very interesting, would like to see the VOA on the Rev-X. Wear numbers look very good. All very low and most in the single digits. Most labs consider iron normal under 100 ppm, anything under 25 at 5,000 miles is very good. Like Jim said, the very slight increase in iron could be from:

1. the change in oil brand
2. reported wear numbers can be + or - 3 points in either direction, so don't take these numbers as absolute values.
3. Iron is cumulative, so the higher # can easily be from the higher miles on the oil.

Whatever the reason, there is nothing to worry about with 14 ppm iron at 5K miles. Wear numbers look very good. Now just make sure the Rev-X is causing the false positive on the coolant leak. I hope you post the VOA results on the Rev-X, most diesel oils don't use Sodium in there additive package.

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 PM
PSN Local

Should be renamed to FauX miracle solution. Just another snake oil, it's actually probably just Rotella with some banana oil in that ultra expensive plastic jar.

I guess I can't comment on how it makes miracles happen for 6.0Ls, but it seems to be doing something to the oil to help it shadow a problem by making them start up easier.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
FNG

Not even close thedirt. We know whats in it. It aint rotella. And it aint snake oil

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode