rotella - junk - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Angry rotella - junk

been using mobil 1 turbo diesel oil and its gotten down between 0 and 5 degrees here and my truck fires right up without plugging it in

just switched to rotella t6 full synthetic on my last oil change, and i went out today at 29* and it would NOT start...cycled the grid 3-4 times, tried, cycled, tried, etc....after 15 minutes of cycling it, plugging it in, putting my salamander heater on it...it finally starts....

so much for easier start ups rotella

i will never buy this junk again...i only bought it because everywhere was sold out of mobil 1 and i didnt want to wait...what a mistake that was

2001 F-250
7.3L
Auto
4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:06 AM
id: 5520

Re: rotella - junk

Most guys I know locally use T5 semi-syn 10W30 and it works fine for them..
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

all i know is, my truck started MUCH better on mobil 1 than it does on t6 rotella

almost missed work this morning and almost missed class this evening....my project for tomorrow is to fix my block heater cord since its gonna be cheaper than switching back to mobil 1...but my next oil change i will be going back to mobil 1 or switching to amsoil

2001 F-250
7.3L
Auto
4x4

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 AM
all about ford

where are you located, i'm just north of cincinnati and i've always used rotella, not saying its always freezing cold here but there's been plenty of nights where its gotten around 0 and stayed there and my truck always fires right up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Keep er shinny side up!

I'd almost be willing to say you have other issues, I run 15-40 rotella DINO oil in my old 7.3 and I have not used the block heater in about 4 or 5 years. Started the other day at 20 below zero like it was nothing(today was the first day above freezing here in over a week). Can't speak for the t-6 but If it was me I'd be looking my GP system over pretty closely.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

right outside columbus....and im sure theres some people whose trucks do great on rotella - i can only compare mine having just switched oils back to back.

if your truck is like mine, imagine how good it would run on mobil 1 if its running so well on that rotella

i just know i started up my truck today and i swear it mumbled "FU" through the vents because shes not happy with me for putting this rotella crap in there

2001 F-250
7.3L
Auto
4x4
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottfarms View Post
I'd almost be willing to say you have other issues, I run 15-40 rotella DINO oil in my old 7.3 and I have not used the block heater in about 4 or 5 years. Started the other day at 20 below zero like it was nothing(today was the first day above freezing here in over a week). Can't speak for the t-6 but If it was me I'd be looking my GP system over pretty closely.
im sure something else is contributing to hard starts - not denying that at all lol

just saying that the mobil 1 was enough to compensate for any hard start issues, and now that i switched to rotella, im having more issues than i was before

2001 F-250
7.3L
Auto
4x4
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 AM
One of a kind

Works good in my truck.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 AM
all about ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbutera2112 View Post
right outside columbus....and im sure theres some people whose trucks do great on rotella - i can only compare mine having just switched oils back to back.

if your truck is like mine, imagine how good it would run on mobil 1 if its running so well on that rotella

i just know i started up my truck today and i swear it mumbled "FU" through the vents because shes not happy with me for putting this rotella crap in there
lol i would give the mobil 1 a shot but i dont want any hard start issues lol I'm only kidding

How much does a gallon of it cost? It's almost time for me to change oil

post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

before next winter - i think ill buy a GP overhaul kit and replace plugs and harness and everything...just gonna get by this winter with my block heater

2001 F-250
7.3L
Auto
4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode