FPPF Fuel Additives Good or Bad - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Fasthog.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Moroney167
FPPF Fuel Additives Good or Bad

Just curious y'alls input on that brand. They make a Power Service and a Polar Service for winter/summer stuff. I can get cases at great cost threw work so be ncie to have it and always be able to use the same stuff instead of switching around a bunch of brands. before I start this I want to know hands on input. or do i try and get Power Service. Is that even considered the "BEST" stuff or no. What should I go for. I believe I can get Power Service threw the same company I get the fppf from.

Jim
'12 F-350 RCLB
Stock - 22K mi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 AM
PSN Local

Re: FPPF Fuel Additives Good or Bad

Check out the sticy link at the top of the thread. That has most of your answers. In short FPPF and PS products are not the best. THe best products for diesel fuel are not really availble at truck stops or any big chain store. You need to call a rep for find a place that sells lubericants.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 AM
brandon

I use PS and seems to work fine but I have never got "the good stuff" so I really have nothing to compare it to

2002 f-250 7.3 ex cab automatic, 4'' turbo back magnaflow exhaust. tonneau cover. SOLD
2011 f-250 6.7 Lariat fx4 with lots of extras!!Sold
2011 Screw Ecoboost 4x4 with ALL the options

Quote:
Excuses are like butts, everybody got one and they all stink!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 AM
PSN Veteran

i always put the greay bottle of ps in for usmmer and white one for winter.
have good luck on ly one let down and it was a hole tank of bad fuel.

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM
PSN Local

I mean PS and such work ok, but there middle of the road products. If you want the best then you need to look outside of the normal means of buying these products. Industrial Lubericant places typically sell them. Schaeffers is a very good product, far supeior to any of the PS of FPPF products. They all cost about the same. The Middle of the road PS/FPPF stuff will be a bit cheaper. I know I am protected from mostly any cold weather. Not having to do a filter change on the side of a road is worth the extra I pay.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 01:14 AM
brandon

I bought some from ford today and I am going to give it a try next tank. Let you know if i see a differance

2002 f-250 7.3 ex cab automatic, 4'' turbo back magnaflow exhaust. tonneau cover. SOLD
2011 f-250 6.7 Lariat fx4 with lots of extras!!Sold
2011 Screw Ecoboost 4x4 with ALL the options

Quote:
Excuses are like butts, everybody got one and they all stink!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroney167 View Post
Just curious y'alls input on that brand. They make a Power Service and a Polar Service for winter/summer stuff. I can get cases at great cost threw work so be ncie to have it and always be able to use the same stuff instead of switching around a bunch of brands. before I start this I want to know hands on input. or do i try and get Power Service. Is that even considered the "BEST" stuff or no. What should I go for. I believe I can get Power Service threw the same company I get the fppf from.
What area of the country do you live in? What are the winter temps you are dealing with?

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Fasthog.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Moroney167

Not to cold just some random cold nights. Im in New York south of albany. Its deff not hardcore winter but after one day of gellin up on way to work I want to run additive. And the facts I get from my local buddy who is the A tech powerstroke guy i'll be using fuel stuff. Fuel anymore is just junk.

Jim
'12 F-350 RCLB
Stock - 22K mi.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 05:39 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroney167 View Post
Not to cold just some random cold nights. Im in New York south of albany. Its deff not hardcore winter but after one day of gellin up on way to work I want to run additive. And the facts I get from my local buddy who is the A tech powerstroke guy i'll be using fuel stuff. Fuel anymore is just junk.

I use FPPF Cetane 8+ in the summer(+ 2 stroke oil for lube @ 1oz/1Gal) and their Deluxe Total Power in the winter, they do make a Arctic additive if Gelling is the major concern.
I've had really good results with their product but it can be hard to find for some people.

I also keep a bottle of Power Service "Diesel 911" in all my Diesel vehicles in case I ever get into a gelling emergency.

Good luck.

-08 F350 CC/SB
-S475 Billet turbo with .90AR housing @49PSI
-Elite custom aged Head studs
-Elite Valvetrain upgrade W/ Colt Cam (stage2)
-Black Maxx with MCC custom tuning
-SUNCOAST BILLET transmission W/ Precision TC
-Air Dog DF165
-Caltracs traction bars
-Detroit Locker
-Amsoil bumper to bumper
-BIG THANKS TO REIFF DIESEL!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode