Fleetguard Venturi Combo Lube Filter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Needs more hours per day

Fleetguard Venturi Combo Lube Filter

Anybody ever used one of these or know anything about them? They seem to be a pretty good idea and I don't see a downside to it.

http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/en/..._venturi.shtml

http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/pdf...es/LT36043.pdf

It looks like the LF9027 is what's called for in a Powerstroke, but I think the LF9691 would also work since it's a cross to the LF3374.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Jeremy
2000 F-350, CCLB, SRW, 4x4, '04 5.9 Common Rail Cummins Conversion
F1 sticks, Evil Twins Dual CP3's, F1 Springs, Helix 2 Cam, ARP headstuds, ED Turbo, Smarty, BTS Trans
Eventually: Compound Turbos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Re: Fleetguard Venturi Combo Lube Filter

there very expensive 30 bucks for us if i remember correctly, from all the reading i have done they are designed for the OTR drivers who change there oil every 50000 miles. not worth for the people who change there oil every 3-5
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM

My son (2001 PSD) and I have been using 9027 filter in both of our rigs a couple of years now. We like it and at $25 each at our local Motor Truck parts desk its resonable. Were both running Rotella Syn. for 5-6K miles with no problems. http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ says everything is looking good.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camptoboat View Post
My son (2001 PSD) and I have been using 9027 filter in both of our rigs a couple of years now. We like it and at $25 each at our local Motor Truck parts desk its resonable. Were both running Rotella Syn. for 5-6K miles with no problems. http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ says everything is looking good.
Could you list your wear metal numbers from the oil analysis report? Iron, copper, Chrome, Lead, Alum. Also, silicon - Curious to see if the filters show a difference on the used oil analysis......

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Sponsor

The story behind those is it is more of a hybrid filter. Meaning the stacked particle filter below acts as a by-pass filter while the other contaminant filter is a full flow. There is nothing exotic about it at all. It works well to boot, but for you guys interested in longer oil drain services, remember: there is no additive package being delivered with this. You may have contamination issues cleaned up but your anti-wears, anti-foam, anti-corosives, viscosity enablers, detergents, etc, are being depleted. You have to add this back in. Your oil analysis labs are not checking for those numbers.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
<----Colin Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by airflo71 View Post
The story behind those is it is more of a hybrid filter. Meaning the stacked particle filter below acts as a by-pass filter while the other contaminant filter is a full flow. There is nothing exotic about it at all. It works well to boot, but for you guys interested in longer oil drain services, remember: there is no additive package being delivered with this. You may have contamination issues cleaned up but your anti-wears, anti-foam, anti-corosives, viscosity enablers, detergents, etc, are being depleted. You have to add this back in. Your oil analysis labs are not checking for those numbers.

Do you have a filter like this or can get one? If you do, let me know. Thanks.

><>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymx View Post
Do you have a filter like this or can get one? If you do, let me know. Thanks.
Donaldson makes the Synteq version of this that eradicates the need for the stacked media, and the venturi. It is just a highly evolved media that is produced sythetically to maximize oil flow output and stop the smallest microns possible. They even go further and have developed spin-on's that introduce additive packages back into the oil. There is alot of neat stuff out there, it is just expensive, and most of the time not ncessary for guys like us in light duty trucks. I will post info on this stuff when I am in the office.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Freedom is not free

Please do, I'de like to see them also.....

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:22 PM
<----Colin Banks

Thanks...

><>
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Sponsor

Hey, any chance I have to hand out all this useless information I have, and actually put it to good use, I will take it. Thank You!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode