what fluids/what price!!!?!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

what fluids/what price!!!?!!!

how much would it cost to put royal purple int hte trans and in the diffs of my truck. and does any one have any fluids to recommend??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:26 AM
PSN Local

Re: what fluids/what price!!!?!!!

I have the perfect option. BUY AMSOIL. Its better I dont know why I just think It is .

2002 F350 DRW, 38r Turbo, Terminator T500, REG return fuel system, CTS Evo Custom tuned by Bill at Powerhungry Performance, bts converter, S&B intake, Snows Stage 3 Water/Meth. Mcculloch hids 6k.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:45 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStroker10 View Post
how much would it cost to put royal purple int hte trans and in the diffs of my truck. and does any one have any fluids to recommend??

I put Royal purple in my trans, diffs, transfer case, and of course the engine.

I dont have the reciepts right now, but I will give you a price tomorrow, on how much it cost me.

96FordF3507.3PSDCC, (Line X'd) bed, 4x4, 5 speed manual, 4.11 gears, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP , 260,000 miles, 3-4" down pipe, 4" exhaust w/5" polished SS tip, gutted EBPV, chrome nerf bars, autometer ultra lite pyro and boost gauges, alpine cd player, alpine speakers, Garmin GPS.
"Real trucks have 3 Pedals, 2 Sticks, and No Spark Plugs"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 05:02 AM

Royal Purple has constantly returned the WORST oil samples I have ever had in the engine. Their gear oils are ok. RedLine has the best gear oils that you can get off the shelf without going for custom blending. They use Ester base oils which will tolerate much more abuse than the POE RP uses.

If price isn't a concern I'd go with RedLine for the gear oils. Amsoil isn't bad and the price is decent. Mobil is good but overpriced for what you get. The best bang for the buck would be the Chevron ESI lineup, while not a fully syn product line it performs like a syn oil. It is IIRC the only Eaton approved LL oil that is not a syn. Scheaffer's also has a really good lineup of oils and they are an independent operation much like RedLine and Amsoil.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Freedom is not free

I have Schaeffer's 204 SAT trans fluid in my tranny, it's what BTS uses. You can buy it in bulk (5 gal bucket - $100), cheaper that way. Then you can use what is leftover to change the power steering. quiet down that cold morning PS pump.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/204SAT_r.pdf

Schaeffer's series 7000 15W-40 or series 9000 5W-40 in the engine. About $4 a quart when you buy it in gallons. You can PM JT Harvey or go to Schaeffers web site & call the 1-800 # and ask for the closest sales rep. You save 20% by buying from a sales rep.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/700.pdf

IMO royal purple is way high priced and the engine oils do not preform as well as advertised. Proven by UOA on the PSD. They do not make their own product, sub contracted and do not put enough data out on their spec sheets.

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys. but another question. what fluid brand does John Wood use in his tran's. cuz im trying to purchase one and will it come filled or empty??
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilroyRacing View Post
I put Royal purple in my trans, diffs, transfer case, and of course the engine.

I dont have the reciepts right now, but I will give you a price tomorrow, on how much it cost me.
was it over $100-200
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 06:23 AM
PSN Veteran

ive got a bucha bottles of amsoil tranny fluid hanging around ill sell to you for half what they go for in the stores... pm if your interested

early 99, xcab, 8"lift,37" toyo open country m/ts, afe stage II,BDP tuning, 5" black chrome aussie cuts, blacked out bumper and grill, 8 isspro performax guages, stealth dual pumps, a few fuel leaks......

mods to come:
NO SACRIFICE..... NO VICTORY!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM
PSN Local

Sorry it took me so long to get back. I forgot I posted here.

Lets see, the motor usually cost about $100 to change the oil.

Gear oil is about $9 a quart

your going to to trans fluid, thats about $11 a quart.....

96FordF3507.3PSDCC, (Line X'd) bed, 4x4, 5 speed manual, 4.11 gears, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP , 260,000 miles, 3-4" down pipe, 4" exhaust w/5" polished SS tip, gutted EBPV, chrome nerf bars, autometer ultra lite pyro and boost gauges, alpine cd player, alpine speakers, Garmin GPS.
"Real trucks have 3 Pedals, 2 Sticks, and No Spark Plugs"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 AM
A Ghost these days.

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_matt Send a message via Skype™ to mad_matt

I like amsoil. If you become a preferd customer you can get the oil for less than retail.

Got Boost?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slightly modded 01 F350 CC SB 4X4