Red fluid on driver side frame rail - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Red fluid on driver side frame rail

I recently bought an 04 f250 and the dealership replaced something for the power steering. The other day there was quite a bit of red fluid in the driver side frame rail and leaf springs, im assuming its from the power steering because its red too. Could it be from the hydroboost and master cylinder? It looks like some fluid is coming from there but not sure.. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:33 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Red fluid on driver side frame rail

welcome to the forum! they might have purged the air through the hydroboost and made a mess...depending on what they actually had to do... that's my guess.
might as well clean it up best you can, and then keep an eye on it to be sure its just spillage and not a leak or something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

my farts are so bad, they have been banned in 37 countries!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:47 PM
Native Texan

Garage

It can come from several places the fords are bad about spraying fluid out the cap if u turn the wheel with out the vehicle running. I agree clean everything off really good. and turn the steering lock to lock several times if there is a leak it will show its self.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thank yall for the replies, it looks like the leak is coming from the hydroboost and the master cylinder (where they bolt together) the fluid is dripping from the leaf spring quite a bit. I think i found a solution if it is the hydroboost, it might be a bad seal inside. Will have to check this weekend.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

The steering wheel isnt hard to turn so im going to clean as much as i can of the excess fluid and hope that the dealership just made a huge mess and theres no leak afterall, im staffing at a scout camp 2 hours from where i live and will be there for a month so i dont want anything to brake while im out there.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:26 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

you might bring a few quarts of fluid with you just in case!

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It seems to be the most wet on the plastic wheel well right under the hydroboost, im 90% sure thats where the leak is coming from, that yall for the replies! For sure going to bring so fluid just in case.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:41 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

best of luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode