Leak - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Leak

I am having a hard time finding this leak. 2010 6.4.
I come our of the store and see a small puddle under my truck. The drip is about every 4 to 5 seconds. I starr the truck and the speed of the drip didnt seem to change. I back up and sure enough its antifreeze. I drive 6 miles home and shut it off, get out and now no leak. Next morning drive to work. There for 9 hours and come out and the drip is back. Drive 6 blocks no drip again. Looks like it might be coming from the hose that connects to the back of the horizontal egr cooler but not sure. It appears to be dripping on the frame right behind the left engine mount and running down.

I bought the truck 8 months ago and have had to put coolant in it at about a quart a week or two. No water in oil, no oil in water, and no steam from the exhaust. So far. Now with this its about a quart every day or two.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

This hose apprars to be it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171111_114216_1510422765848.jpg (17.5 KB, 4 views)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well, you can not buy just that hose. You either have to buy the horizontal egr cooler or the hose and tube assembly that goes clear to the water pump. Hose assembly from Ford is $149 before tax. Still cheaper than an EGR cooler. Took 3 hours to get the old one out and the new one in and still have to finish tightening everything up and put the wheel well back in and fender flares back on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode