Water in fuel drain filter see manual!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Water in fuel drain filter see manual!!!

Hello everyone. I am a first time and new diesel owner. I have a 2013 F250 with 99xxx miles. I've had it for about 7 months. So far I've done 2 oil changes (2 or 3) and one fuel filter change. Yesterday I was on my home but I need to stop and fill up. I always go to the same station to fill up but I wanted to fill up at the station near my job. I filled up and went on my way. About 10 minuets into driving a message popped up "Water in fuel drain filter see manual". I searched in my manual but couldn't find anything, so i googled it. I found out you have to drain the fuel/water separator and how to do it. When I drained it, a yellowish/clearish liquid came out. About 1/4 of a water bottle after a nice neon green liquid came out. Once that came out I noticed there was water in the bottle mixed with fuel. I stopped and drained more out. The second time the green liquid came out but I noticed there was water still, not as much tho. I did it again and this time there were tiny drop like drops of water. After I was done I drove and the light came off within 5-10 mins. I plan on draining again soon.

My question is, was I ok in doing what i did? should I be worried about anything?

Tank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 AM
alleged moderator

Re: Water in fuel drain filter see manual!!!

welcome to PSN.
yes, you did the rite thing. sorta.
don't wait to do it again. when the light comes on, stop as soon as safely possible and drain it. if you wait there is a very good chance you will ruin the $10,000 fuel system.

and make a mental note to never ever stop at that station again!!!

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode