Delo Oil - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Delo Oil

Any body use the new DELO 400

I have always purchased my oil from walmart and the recently quit carrying locally the 400 LE found at this link.....
Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 | Chevron Lubricants

Seems they have cleared out the shelves for their new product Delo 400 SDE found at this link.....
Delo 400 SDE SAE 15W-40 | Chevron Lubricants

Anybody done any research on their new product? Soap content ect. and compared it to the old?

I have always run the 400 LE in my mercedes 300sd as well as my ford 6.0
I dont necessary want to start an oil battle and what I should be running in my ford because I did do research on the old product so i realize that going with a oil that many do not commonly use in a 6.0 is my choice. I have ran the 400 LE for almost 3 years now in it.

Also I live in Texas

04 F350 King Ranch Fx4 Leveling Kit
Atlas 40, 4" SP, ARP Studs, EGR Delete,SCT Livewire
20x10 Novakanes/325/60 Nitto G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Delo Oil

I've seen a lot of miles put on my grandad's fleet using Delo products!
Also, they say it meets specs, hard to nay say on that unless there's somebody out there who knows better (not me, but hoping somebody will speak up)
Quote:
Delo 400 SDE 15W-40 is also backwards compatible with diesel engines in which the API CJ-4, CI-4, CI-4 Plus and CH- 4 service categories are recommended.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 03:41 AM
Project Shamu

I had the same thing happen to me, except I ordered Delo 400 from Napa, and when they brought it to me, it was the new "SDE" with Isosyn. I guess they no longer carry the old "LE" anymore?

Either way, its working great in my 7.3.

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:01 AM
Native Texan

Garage

If I remember correctly the Cj-4 spec is what 7.3l and 6.0l require. But I am getting older.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Great! Thanks for the responses. I am going to go ahead and run the new stuff. I think it will be okay. I know a guy who is running the new stuff in his 7.3 as well but I mean I guess its too soon to know about the quality unless you are really keen on knowing what to look for in the data sheets. I thought I knew enough but I learned all that so long ago I cant remember what to look for anymore really. I am just going to go with it and not look back. if it meets spec then should be okay is what ima tell myself haha

so funny how picky we are with these choices but it is important i know... funny how they have oil now for cars that suppose to last 20k miles...that seems crazy to me i would be scared if i had a car to do that but i guess thats just from old school mind and dino oil use for so long. and then being nervous about any miles over 4k between changes on my 6.0

04 F350 King Ranch Fx4 Leveling Kit
Atlas 40, 4" SP, ARP Studs, EGR Delete,SCT Livewire
20x10 Novakanes/325/60 Nitto G2s
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 08:53 PM
alleged moderator

i never used it. i have used valvoline 15-40 all fleet in all my vehicles for the past 40 years or so.
even the local ford dealer uses it in the older vehicles that do not require synthetic oil.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Project Shamu

Well, when i change my oil, I'll have it tested and let you guys know. I'm going 4,000 miles on this Delo 400 IsoSyn right now.

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Et tu, Masone?

Garage

I have used it in multiple engines and I put Delo and Rotella T on the same level. Many years ago my dad became a Delo convert and has used it in his 7.3 and everything else on the farm from irrigation pumps to tractors to his Cummins powered Kenworth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Et tu, Masone?

Garage

Delo and Rotella 15-40 have a reputation for less blowby than others IMO, I have experienced that and that is what sold my dad on Delo years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:08 PM
carbonation

Technically not on Ford's approved list for the PSD.
Delo has removed a lot of what made the oil great in the past to comply with the CK-4 specification. Mobil did as well. The only "approved" oils on the Ford interactive list are Shell Rotella and Valvoline Premium Blue.
Ford has an interactive list you can search for "approved " oils.
Google "motorcraft chemicals and lubricants catalog"
Let us know how the run of Delo works out.
Will you be doing a used oil analysis?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode