Rotella T6 5w40 Deal! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Rotella T6 5w40 Deal!

I just swapped over to Rotella T6 5w40 and was searching for the best price as local parts stores want $25/gallon. I heard walmart had it around $20-22/gallon.

Then I stumbled on amazon and wow! The price is good to begin with at $19.57/gallon (free shipping with Prime or over $35 order). But apparently amazon gives additional discounts when you setup orders on automatic reocurring. In this case it was 15% if I order 5 or more in a month.

That brought the price down to $16.63 per gallon!

I ordered 6 with the another 6 to be delivered next month. That saves me $40 per oil change.

I just sent my oil out for analysis to blackstone, curious to see what they say.

I just wanted to pass along what I thought was a really good deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Rotella T6 5w40 Deal!

WOW thanks for sharing

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Caption This

That's a good price. If I didn't have a grudge against Shell, I would buy some. My local Walmart sells Delo 400 5w-40 for $19.98 everyday.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 02:34 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

act fast tho, cause they routinely change the price on that item! good top know they cycle the price on it! i bought some a while back at that price, & when i went to buy another batch, the price went back up. thanks for posting! i should have posted this up sooner too DOH!

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Administrator

I also just found DELO and T6 t wally for 20.00 as much as I hate Wally

goodbye Autozone and shame on you for not being competitive

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

everybody, heads up, amazon changed their price again. went from $16-17 after discount to about $22-23 after discount. today was my last day to review my subscribe&save orders, so i'm glad i caught that one! looks like it's back to wally or tsc for me until further notice

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 04:10 AM
PSN Local

just so you guys know most autoparts stores price match. I have an autozone right around the corner and wal-mart is miles away. I go over to autozone tell them that wally has it for 19.57 gal, and they match it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 12:54 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

good to know! thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode