Quick question about antifreeze - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT
Quick question about antifreeze

Ok so I got my new engine in and put the cat ELC in I flushed the heatercore,radiator,and rinsed the hoses out. I didnt flush the engine as it was already empty I thought anyway in the degas bottle there is what appears to be oil in the top on it. Id doesnt seem to get worse really so could it be there was some green or yellow antifreeze left somewhere that left this sludgey #### or should I look elsewhere?

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT
Re: Quick question about antifreeze

Also noticed my coolant is down a little bit. The cooland doesnt smell like diesel fuel either and there is no evidence of the coolant in the oil from what I can tell under the valve covers looks clean and the dipstick to. so where should I look next. Ive run a cylinder contribution test and didnt come up with anything. couldnt find a miss in the motor either even though it seems like it runs fairly rough with what sounds to be a miss it is smooth while under load. I have no smoke out the tailpipe. When I installed the new injectors I checked them with a ruler to make sure they were all seated level to. The rough sound may just be the single shots and im just not used to it But i really have no idea what it could be, besides maybe an oil cooler problem but there is no signs of coolant leaks on the outside of the motor either.

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Burger Flipper

Re: Quick question about antifreeze

I believe it takes a few miles to get all of the air out of the system. I just kept filling mine until it stopped gong down after every 100 miles or so. Do you have a coolant filter?

2000 F250 Lariat SC 4X4, aFe 2 PG7, MBRP 4" SS Duals w/muffler delete, Dipricol gauges, 203* T-stat and billet housing, Dieselsite Coolant filter, 6.0 intercooler...07 Harley Lights, 5K retro-solutions HIDs, ITP pre-pump kit, Harpooned, "The Cure"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode