Latest in 2 stroke oil in fuel - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Latest in 2 stroke oil in fuel

Just tried this for the first time. I have been using the ford stuff and have always felt my injectors to be a bit noisy. Truck has always run well though.

I tried 2 stroke on my fill-up tonight and will see how it does with injector noise. Has anyone used it together with the ford cetene booster?

Anyone else using it in their 6.0?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Luddite in Charge

Re: Latest in 2 stroke oil in fuel

This is somewhat relevant, somewhat useless info but I swear by Yamalube 2 stroke oil. I've torn down dozens of 2 stroke motors over the years and used PJ1, BelRay, on and on down the list in those motors and Yamalube is by *far* the cleanest burning.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM
PSN Local

Yet another NO-GO

00' 7.3 Power stroke.
-Afe Big Boost air filter.
-Magnaflow exhaust.
-PHP Hydra chip.
-Riffraff Compressor Wheel.
-Riffraff Fuel Rail Crossover.
Kentucky Built.
and 173,000 miles with Amsoil.

Last edited by HeavyAssault; 08-01-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor advertising/promoting sales

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 02:27 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Andy View Post
This is somewhat relevant, somewhat useless info but I swear by Yamalube 2 stroke oil. I've torn down dozens of 2 stroke motors over the years and used PJ1, BelRay, on and on down the list in those motors and Yamalube is by *far* the cleanest burning.
Yamalube in diesel ?? This is the first I have heard of this. What all does it help do?

00' 7.3 Power stroke.
-Afe Big Boost air filter.
-Magnaflow exhaust.
-PHP Hydra chip.
-Riffraff Compressor Wheel.
-Riffraff Fuel Rail Crossover.
Kentucky Built.
and 173,000 miles with Amsoil.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 06:59 AM
Terminator Nation

The use of 2 cycle oil is supposed to help make up for the lack of lubricity of ULSD.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Luddite in Charge

I was just adding two cents as to the cleanliness of Yamalube in comparison to all the other 2 stroke makes out there. Carbon build-up was nearly nonexistent with Yamalube.

It's arguable whether or not you notice a difference when adding a quart per tankful, but hey.... Why not!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 01:34 AM
PSN Newb

I'm interested in trying this out never have before. I know that when you winterize an inboard motor on a boat to get it ready for storage you can run some oil thru the carbs while the engine is running its smokes like all hell but protects the engine for months. Now does the 2 stroke oil in the tank for a 7.3 cause it to smoke more and how often should it be done?

2000 F-250 38R with wicked wheel 2 and Turbo Master, Irate R/R, FASS 125 Titanium with sump, Swamps 200cc 80%, Adrenaline, AFE BHAF, 5 inch TB Exhaust from MagnaFlow with 7inch black tip, DieselSite Transmission with billet input shaft and Precision Industries Stallion Torque converter, PHP Hydra Chip with PHP and Tony Wildman tuning.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Luddite in Charge

The 7.3 is the biggest beneficiary of doing this. The issue was the sulfur, which in fuel oil served in a similar capacity as lead used to in gasoline, a lubricant. An unwanted side effect was that the lead caused retarded kids and the sulfur in diesel fuel combines with CO2 in the air and forms sulfur dioxide, which in turn becomes acid rain. So the tree huggers won as the years ticked by and sulfur content was dramatically reduced. But what about all the old diesels out there that were made during the good old days when this lubricant was automatically in every gallon of fuel purchased? Well, just like with the lead reductions, the government lied to us as they always do and claimed there won't be any noticeable effects and power or performance won't be reduced and blah blah blah. Is there a difference? Ask around

As far as how much 2-stroke to add, you'll find a hundred different opinions. People are also using transmission fluid, though I feel that since 2-stroke is produced with the intention of being combusted and transmission fluid is not I stay away from the tranny fluid idea. I'll dump up to a quart in a 35+ gallon filling, and never noticed any smoke in any of the motors up to and including my 6.4... Frequency of how often I do it ends up being a matter of opportunity - how often am I standing there pumping fuel and happen to see a container of 2-stroke rolling around in the bed of the truck or how often do I see a container of 2-stroke when I reach for the Power Service (I use religiously).

Don't worry about hurting anything. I've seen people dump 5 gallons worth of waste oil in a full tank of fuel and the thing ran it and as far as I know is still running
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 11:03 AM
PSN Local

No extra smoke. I used to run a quart of atf with every tank in a 7.3l. Never had any smoke!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Luddite in Charge

Actually, I like the 'fragrance' from adding 2-stroke to my fuel.... Makes me think I'm on one of the open class big bores

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode