Kleenoil bypass oil filter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Hillbilly

Kleenoil bypass oil filter

Has anyone ran one?

Travis
2000 7.3
AFE stage 2, Stage 2 injectors 160/100, GTP38R with WW2, DP-Tuner Stock Hi-Idle 60tow 80Eco 120 Race 140 Aggressive, 4in. Exhaust, Coolingmist water-meth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 PM
More Power Tim

Re: Kleenoil bypass oil filter

Try talking to Bobby Apple, senoir diesel mechanic, over at Stearns about it. He has a 7.3 and he says it's a waste of money, but I like the idea of really clean oil. He claims it's better to keep it changed with a reasonably priced oil than to extend your oil change interval with an expensive oil, if your trying to extend your oil change interval.

2006 F-350 PSD FX4 CC LB SRW 4X4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Hillbilly

Talking Re: Kleenoil bypass oil filter

I would like cleaner oil more than extending the oil life. Know you know can’t trust everything Bobby Apple teals you.

Travis
2000 7.3
AFE stage 2, Stage 2 injectors 160/100, GTP38R with WW2, DP-Tuner Stock Hi-Idle 60tow 80Eco 120 Race 140 Aggressive, 4in. Exhaust, Coolingmist water-meth

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 AM
More Power Tim

NOBODY is right ALL THE TIME, but being that I'm a weekend shadetree armchair mechanic I know bobby knows alot more than I do. Being that he's smart as a whip and been doing diesel work a long time I have a lot of confidence in what he tells me. He tells me when he thinks something is a waste of money even when I'm spending it on him. Just makes me feel better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Hillbilly

Chill dude I know Bobby Apple he knows a lot about diesel engines and even more about the diesels in a ford truck but when it comes down to it you have to decide what to do to your truck.

Travis
2000 7.3
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM
More Power Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htrn38 View Post
Chill dude I know Bobby Apple he knows a lot about diesel engines and even more about the diesels in a ford truck but when it comes down to it you have to decide what to do to your truck.
Not wound up, just agreeing with you on the point that nobody knows everything. I asked Bobby if he would put a bypass filter on my 2006, (you know he sells and installs aftermarket stuff on the side), and he said he'd be glad to but he felt like it was not needed with regular oil changes and suggested that I didn't waste my money. On the other hand, if I really wanted one he'd be glad to do it. Got to respect a guy that tells you not to waste your money when he is going to be receiveing it. My only point.

What is it about the Kleenoil system that has you leaning toward that product?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 PM
diesel and nothing else

Send a message via Yahoo to amarillo250

guys i run the FS2500 bypass filter and it is great. I get oil analy. every 7.5k and oil is CLEAN change it every 15k anyway. The idea is to remove soot and keep my oil clean , archived.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:51 PM
More Power Tim

My used oil analysis at 5000 miles is only showing .1 percnt soot. That's with a standard oil filter and very short trips in the winter. Many of those trips the truck isn't really up to operating temp before I get to the job were it sits for 10 hrs before I make the return trip back to the house. I never really paid that much attention to the soot content until this post. How much soot is your UOA showing at 7500 miles Amarillo250?

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:29 PM
diesel and nothing else

Send a message via Yahoo to amarillo250

it shows about the same a little less, for me its more the filtration of the rest of particles witch is way better and the viscosity stays at 5/40 even at 15k.
It is up to everybody them self to decide what they put on the truck, just like it when i pull my oilstick out to check and it is after 15k clear like the first day when i changed it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarillo250 View Post
when i pull my oilstick out to check and it is after 15k clear like the first day when i changed it.
If it is still that clean, why do you change it?

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode