REV-X or ARCHOIL? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

REV-X or ARCHOIL?

Hey guys!
Recently just got an 03 6.0L Powerstroke. The owner i bought it from highly recommended running REV-X every other oil change. When picking the truck up he mentioned he had heard some great things about archoil too and it would be something to look up. I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of these or which they'd recommend. Also is running the fuel additive just as helpful? Thanks ahead for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Re: REV-X or ARCHOIL?

Rev x has a money back guarantee

I have ran all 3 of the big names but never have had a stiction problem
that i specifically used these items for just PM

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks for the input!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 01:05 PM
PSN Newb

If you have any questions/concerns regarding our products, feel free to raise them here in the forums, or contact us via Facebook or REVXOIL.com. We welcome all feedback and look forward to engaging the community on a regular basis.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Administrator

ahh chit

it's not Rev-x with the money back guarantee sorry

it's HSS AKA hotshots secret stiction eliminator

Hot Shots Secret Stiction Eliminator

I think Rev-x suggest using a bottle at every oil change and HSS is use when needed for stiction issues

I ran Archoil last time and when I sent in my oil analysis I forgot to mention the additive but they new right off the bat I had used one

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Okay thanks.
The guy i had bought the truck from said he used Rev-x with every other oil change and that its highly suggested to use it in that manner in the 6.0. I was just curious of other opinions on additives
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Administrator

pretty sure Rev-X is recommending a bottle at every oil change after the initial dose of 2 bottles for stiction issues

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 PM
PSN Newb

right, Hot Shot's Secret is the one with the guarantee. They only recommend a quart every 4th oil change after the first 2 qts. because it's a higher cleaning vs. lubricant ratio than Rev X apparently?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:37 AM
Administrator

I don't think that's true

I think HSS says use one bottle for the first go round then as needed in the future or use a 1/2 bottle as a preventative measure at oil changes

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Typical Applications and Mixtures:

Hot Shot's Secret is made for diesel engines only. We recommend using with a fresh oil change, ideally with a full synthetic motor oil. Hot Shot's Secret is made up of 100% additives so it can stay in the oil for the entire oil change.

Directions:

For initial cleanup in pickup trucks, add 1 bottle per oil change replacing 2 quarts of oil; for prevention, use half a bottle.

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode