schaffer oil - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

schaffer oil

met with a sales rep last week, seems like pretty good stuff.
I am leaning towards the 9000 full syn. with pulling season getting closer.
any reason not to? bear in mind I have 289k on the clock.

I have ran Rotella 15/40 and Rotella Syn 5/40 in the winter months since i bought the truck

on edit: the price differance is .43/qt than the 7000 Blend

E '99 F-350 CC LB, ZF6, IDP -T4i Mount, Comp. Fuel System, , Reg. Return, Comp Valve springs, ARP's, DI P- Rods, Adrenaline HPOP, Isspro's, Detroit Tru Trac

238/200
ISM HX50
Tyrant Tunes
South Bend DD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Freedom is not free

Re: schaffer oil

Both are very good oils with high viscosity indexes and both have 0% on all 3 foam sequence tests.

9000 (5W-40) VI = 159
7000 (15W-40) VI = 154

So, both will resist shearing very well. What is your HPOP setup? This would be one of the areas I would focus on if I was you Schaeffer's rep. Some 7.3L's will dual HPOP setups can shear the viscosity quicker than single HPOP setups.

The technical data sheet comparison shows:

http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/700.pdf

http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/9000.pdf

The 7000 on average runs a tad bit higher viscosity, but not by much and the 9000 will yield better cold starts.

Depending on how crazy you want to get, you can ask your rep to run a Used Oil Analysis (UAO) on your truck after using each oil at the same interval and then you will have some hard data for a comparison.

My 2 cents:

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM
PSN Veteran

I'm using the 7000 love it!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

What is your HPOP setup? This would be one of the areas I would focus on if I was you Schaeffer's rep. Some 7.3L's will dual HPOP setups can shear the viscosity quicker than single HPOP setups.

Stock 15* pump , the Dieselsite Adreneline pump looks like a good option

you can ask your rep to run a Used Oil Analysis

the rep sent to sample copies to compare with Blackstone Reports

E '99 F-350 CC LB, ZF6, IDP -T4i Mount, Comp. Fuel System, , Reg. Return, Comp Valve springs, ARP's, DI P- Rods, Adrenaline HPOP, Isspro's, Detroit Tru Trac

238/200
ISM HX50
Tyrant Tunes
South Bend DD

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 AM
PSN Newb

I have been running Amsoil and I have been noticing a very rough idle. Is this somthing that could be coming from the oil?? Which oil should I be running?

2001 White F250 4X4 Extened Cab, BTS Transmission & Converter, H2E Turbo, Stock Injectors, BTS tunes, 80Tow, 100Tow, 120Race, 140Aggresive, Terminator, ITP reg return, 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, AFE Stage II Intake, Boost regulator, CCV Mod, Zoo Dad Mod, Guages, 4" Exhaust, 3" Lift and 35" BF TA's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode