fuel conditioners - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

fuel conditioners

what kind of fuel conditioners is everyone using ??

08 superduty 6.4 fx4 sct live wire 9625or edge evo monitor flow pro 5 inch downpipe back. Afe stage 2 cold air intake 35 inch mickys on 18 revolver rims. dpf delete ccv mod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 TDI jetta . Strait piped runnin on B100 summertime and B50 in the winter.

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 01:53 AM
International Coal Roller

Re: fuel conditioners

Power service(diesel kleen), amsoil, stanadyne, redline just to name few, just dont run anything stupid like Lucas or seafoam. When I lived out west I would use powerservice to boost the winter blend diesel, mainly cause you can biy it anywhere.

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 PM
PSN Newb

pm 22a or optilube xpd

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 02:41 AM
PSN Local

I run Amsoil diesel concentrate in the summer and diesel concentrate with cold flow improver in the winter. They just changed all the names of their fuel conditioners so i'm not sure what its called now. I find however if I don't add it to a tank of fuel now I get a little bit of grey smoke on start up. Not sure why and I'm not trying to be "that guy" as I run amsoil in a lot of other things I own with no issues.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 03:08 AM
PSN Veteran

im using the factory filter...

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 PM
PSN Newb

Re: fuel conditioners - why not Lucas or Seafoam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwaldrop88 View Post
just dont run anything stupid like Lucas or seafoam.
Can you share your opinion on the above? I have heard good things about both those products and have used them once or twice. Just added, Lucas to my 94 IDI 7.3.

You have got my curiosity.

Anybody else have a comment or opinion?

Truck #1 - 1996 F250 SuperCab, 4x4, PSD w/4" Lift, Procomp ProRunners, Stage I Rebuilt Injectors, AFE Air, TS Performance Chip, Built/Modded E40D, 4" DP - 5" Tail, Modded Turbo, Tranny Cooler, Cat & Muffler Delete.

Truck #2 - 1994 F250 SuperCab, RWD, IDI, 7.3L - Stock
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM
International Coal Roller

Well they are a so called dual use product, for gas and diesel, and those are sketchy to me, Lucas claims to boost octane but doesn't boost cetane levels so that's not beneficial. Both claim to clean injectors, and on a tiny gas engine injector but on a diesel injector, particularly a 7.3 injector I don't see how that little bit of product is gonna help in any way to clean them if you need it. I only run a fuel conditioner to boost cetane levels since most places run a low cetane rating. Not to mention im pretty sure Lucas is an alcohol based product, which has always been a no no with diesels all my life. Now seafoam os more of a carbon cleaner, but its really harsh on seals and such, I used it on some gas engines and while it takes alot of product it does work, it also ate threw a couple of head gaskets on a truck of mine and I have no urge to have that happen on my 7.3, now remember this is personal onion.

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 PM
PSN Local

Amsoil diesel concentrate, run they're stuff everything.

1997 F350 6pos , 3" DP 4" straight, SBC clutch, Auto Meter Gauges, Irate bellowed up pipes, WW2, 1.0, Intercooled, TS 6 position chip, Amsoil 4510 CAI.
[/URL]
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 11:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Stanadyne
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 AM
PSN Newb

Garage

RevX and Stanadyne

12 F350 ccsb, srw, MiniMaxx, NoLimit, H&S axe turbo, PMF, Icon

08 F250 ccsb 4x4, 3.73's, Spartan tuned, No Limit, 5" Flo Pro exhaust, Darkhorse Diesel, PMF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode