Washable filiter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Washable filiter

Is there a alternative to the recharge kits to clean the filters that works well or can get in bulk.

2008 F-250
- MPD Single
- MPD Built Tranny
- Tunes by Eric/RCD

1997 F-350 2wd
- 707 Conversion Crew Cab Dually
- Ts Tuner Tuned by Eric
- MagTec Tins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Re: Washable filiter

Not sure?

since I refuse to run one due to all the issues you can have

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I was thinking kerosene but thought that it would prolly be to aggressive.
Problems? I run them on everything from the bike to wheelers, haven't had any issues.

2008 F-250
- MPD Single
- MPD Built Tranny
- Tunes by Eric/RCD

1997 F-350 2wd
- 707 Conversion Crew Cab Dually
- Ts Tuner Tuned by Eric
- MagTec Tins

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 PM
International Coal Roller

Your bikes and wheelers probably aren't turboed,under boost the recharge filters are known to let dirt in, dusting the turbo and the engine

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Many turbo application vehicles including 1200hp plus vehicles run k&n filters in sand with zero problems... Quads, sand rails etc. only people to think tere is a problem is diesel guys hahaha

Back the Blue BUILD THREAD
POWERSTROKENATION-

Facebook-
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 AM
International Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coueshunter View Post
Many turbo application vehicles including 1200hp plus vehicles run k&n filters in sand with zero problems... Quads, sand rails etc. only people to think tere is a problem is diesel guys hahaha
I had an AFE filter on mine living in northern NV, pulled the intake pipe and the hot side side I/C pipe when I changed my ps pump, guess what? Even with a AFE filter there was sand in the intake pipe leading to the turbo and my compressor wheel fins were sand blasted, cleaned everything up, threw in a WW and a 6637 filter, 15k miles later everything is still clean, rock that recharge if you want to bud, its your turbo.

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coueshunter View Post
only people to think tere is a problem is diesel guys hahaha
Actually I had read it so many times and seen pictures of dirty intakes after the filter that I was not going to pull out the OEM filter that can hold pounds of dirt before it will set the filter minder

but on the diesel comment I had two vehicles with identical intakes ( both gasers) one with a K7N and the other with a FRAM I had a CEL for the MAF on the one running a K&N

so I pulled the intake apart and the MAF sensor was dusted as was the intake tubes all past the filter location and on those vehicles the filter will not let unfiltered air past it ( it seals so well ) so it was all the fault of the K&N IMHO because when I did a water pump on the other the intake was spotless just Like the Donaldson keeps My Diesel intake

Now where did I get this soap box ?

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 PM
the stryker god

Go to a Lucas would dirt late model show and look how many oiled cotton gauze filters there are. Zero! They might work alright the first time out the box but they go down from there. I would never run one on anything.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM
PSN Newb

I have run reusable like k/n beginning to wander if they are filtering like they say there supposed to pull filter out hold it to the lightsee places that had tiny pin holes of pure light coming through also small amout of dust inside intake past filter told kn they sent me a new one after20000/30000 miles same thing used kn recharge
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Administrator

I use K&N on My PWC's

because all of My 2 strokes had no filter media as the thinking was there is no dust on the water! but living in a desert I know better
anyways this is the only place I run them and then they still get a wetsuit ( water repellent) outer covers

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode