Royal Purple Synthetic? Your Help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Royal Purple Synthetic? Your Help

-Anyone got any opinions on Royal Purple Synthetic 15w-40 for my truck in my sig?
-I just did my 2nd oil change in my truck since I bought it used w/ 135000 on the odometer and heard synthetic was great for the 6.0.
-Just wantin some opinions on the oil I had put in and any feedback on what you think about it and what I should use next if this isn't your preference.
-I also had a buddy hear that once you go to Synthetic you cannot switch back to regular motor oils.
-Is there any truth to this?
Thanks guys!
Clint

2005 F250 CCSB FX4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Re: Royal Purple Synthetic? Your Help

You can switch back and forth without any problems. The oil analyse Ive seen for royal purple didnt impress me at all. In fact I wouldnt run that stuff in anything I own.

I know people run it in their race cars and race trucks, yada yada but that in my opinion doesnt mean squat for a daily driver vehicle.

Most race vehicles have their oil changed a bunch plus they never clock up any time on the engine other than loading or unloading it off a trailer and the time it runs down the track. Unless the motor overheats any generic oil should do fine for that. But again thats my opinion, not facts.

But the facts of what the oil results looked like with royal purple on people clocking up at least 4,000 miles or more between changes doesnt look very healthy to me.

Checkout bobstheoilguy.com forums for more info on results from people that have used it and are using it.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks a ton man! You have a synthetic suggestion?

2005 F250 CCSB FX4

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:12 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Ive run mobile one for years in the vette I had and my bmw. Works fine.

As for a powerstroke, nope no opinions since I havent run any. Im going to try either the valvoline blue stuff or the rotella this next oil change.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Cool man Thanks. I dont know from any experience but just readin around I heard 6.0 dont like Rotella but thats just a few posts I read somewhere.
Plus you got a 7.3

2005 F250 CCSB FX4
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 AM
PSN Veteran

Royal purple is good stuff but expensive I run it in my diffs and t-case.I run rotella 15w40 and a quart of lucas synthetic addative every 5k.

06 F350 CC LB 4x4 with a few odds and ends
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Sponsor

Schaeffer's is a good oil.

2005 F-350
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Proud Sponsor

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac

I use the same stuff

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post

I run the same thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode