Rust Convertor??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Rust Convertor???

Hey Everyone,

I just bout a 99 f250 7.3, orginally a texas truck, now up here in ohio it has some rust on the frame and underbody, nothing serious just surface, but i want to take care of it...

my plan was to get a descaling tool from harbor freight and speed a weekend day and a 12 pack lying back on the creeper with a face shield... after that i was going to rust convert it and underbody coat it with bed liner and high temp spray the exhast...

im looking for a brand of rust convertor that i can spray on without wiping off or having to scrub (if there is such a thing)... just spray on and leave... does anyone know of a product... also is it safe to spray on wiring harness that goes down my frame rail?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Rust Convertor???

Yes ospho just put it in a garden sprayer and go to town....where coveralls, rubber gloves and face mask and goggles. That stuff burns bad when it gets on the skin. I wouldn't undercoat the truck though after all your prep work and converting I would coat the entire underbody with fluid film oil. It works awesome I been spraying my rust free truck through the past three northern michigan winters with fluid film in the fall and then again after the winter salting stops and my undercarriage is as clean and rust free as the day it was new

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode