Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Sythetic Trans Fluid for Torqueshift

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  matthewd11 
#1 ·
Who makes a synthetic replacement for the mercon sp that goes into the torqueshift. I know of Redline, and Amsoil. Anybody else?

#2 ·
I know that companies like amsoil and others have added the mercon sp the list but I find it odd to say the least that ford comes out with a special fluid just for that trans and amsoil and others suddenly add it the label of a trans fluid they were already making.

GM DEXRON II, III & VI
• Ford MERCON, MERCON V & SP
• Chrysler ATF+ through ATF+4®
• Honda Z-1 (Not for use in CVT transmissions)
• Toyota Type T and T-IV
• Mitsubishi/Hyundai Diamond SP II & III
• Allison C-3, C-4, Caterpillar TO-2
• Voith G607, G1363
• ZF TE-ML 14A, B & C
• MB 236.1, 236.2, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9
• BMW 7045E, JWS 3309, NAG 1 & 2
• LT 71141 (ESSO), Nissan Matic D, J & K
• Vickers I-286S & M-2950S
Excellent for power steering units that use ATF.
Not for use in CVT transmissions.

Sorry adding something to a label doesnt "upgrade" a fluid.

Id stick with mercon sp stuff if it was me.
The mercon sp is fully synthetic already so why switch and run the risk?

#3 ·
I don't see why you would want to go with another oil for the Torqshift? The Mercon SP has turned out to be a great synthetic oil and can be bought for pretty cheap online. I've been impressed with the oil analysis I've seen on other sites and by how clean my oil is everytime I drain it every 15k miles.

#4 ·
I see your point.

Maybe those other guys are able to add the mercon sp to the list because they are already full synthetics:shrug:, but I do find it kind of fishy.

I don't guess you would gain anything going from one synthetic to another anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.