I know that companies like amsoil and others have added the mercon sp the list but I find it odd to say the least that ford comes out with a special fluid just for that trans and amsoil and others suddenly add it the label of a trans fluid they were already making.
GM DEXRON II, III & VI
• Ford MERCON, MERCON V & SP
• Chrysler ATF+ through ATF+4®
• Honda Z-1 (Not for use in CVT transmissions)
• Toyota Type T and T-IV
• Mitsubishi/Hyundai Diamond SP II & III
• Allison C-3, C-4, Caterpillar TO-2
• Voith G607, G1363
• ZF TE-ML 14A, B & C
• MB 236.1, 236.2, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9
• BMW 7045E, JWS 3309, NAG 1 & 2
• LT 71141 (ESSO), Nissan Matic D, J & K
• Vickers I-286S & M-2950S
Excellent for power steering units that use ATF
Not for use in CVT transmissions.
Sorry adding something to a label doesnt "upgrade" a fluid.
Id stick with mercon sp stuff if it was me.
The mercon sp is fully synthetic already so why switch and run the risk?