Oil Addative - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Oil Addative

Ok i have been reading the debate over HSS and Rev-X. I know they are used for stiction. How exactly do i know if i have stiction. My 96 PSD lopes like hell on cold mornings and chugs when it starts. Is that some kind of stiction? Also, when i decide which addative to use how much do i need? Thanks,
Jeff

1996 PSD: 3" MBRP DP to 4" MBRP straight pipe to 6" MBRP stack. Cold Air Intake. TS 6-Position with PHP tunes from KT performance
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Re: Oil Addative

u need 2 doses of Rev-X or 1 bottle of HSS

HSS has a money back guarantee I have used both but just as PM not to cure stiction

I had 2 injectors replaced under warranty before I could get My HSS in the mai.l

stiction is always worse on cold start ups and to me feels like your transmission is shuddering but it's just the injector ,, it could be 1 or all 8.

not sure about the 7.3 loping vs stiction ? but it can't hurt to try specially the HSS with the guarantee IMHO.

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok thanks. Well it lopes when cold and when i put my chip in it lopes in all settings except high idle. The guy i bought it from said it sounds like an oil issue and to try an oil additive so im trying to figure out which to use.

1996 PSD: 3" MBRP DP to 4" MBRP straight pipe to 6" MBRP stack. Cold Air Intake. TS 6-Position with PHP tunes from KT performance

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Administrator

U probably figured but
when u get the additive of your choice I would do an oil change and run synthetic for at least this oil change

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ya its cold as hell now in central NY so im runnin synthetic now and i plan on keeping synthetic at least until the end of winter if not forever. Thanks for the help though. which is cheaper?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Administrator

I think they are close to the same$ after you include shipping but HSS has more product

now after the initial DBL dose of REV-X you only need 1 bottle
and HSS u use 1/2 a bottle or 1 qt per oil change if u decide to run any at all

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode